1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Windows Flaw (all except Server 2003)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Jimmy 2004, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Read this article to find out more about a new flaw with Windows, it looks like it's linked to ActiveX. The thing I love it that if you think you've been infected M$ advise you to contact your local FBI office! Don't exist over here I'm afraid...

2. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    This is part of WHY I run Windows Server 2003, in its default LIGHT workstation mode install...

It truly IS more secure than previous models of NT-based OS, & generally has fewer monthly weakness' found in it than say, XP or 2000... & is the best featureset of both imo.

It is, afaik, the BASE CODE for VISTA as well, & was selected thus over the codebase for 2000/XP!

IE 6.x is the key on this one though - by default on Windows 2003 it installs a "super-secure" mode where you don't run ActiveX/Java/Javascript or allow it by default on every site you visit, etc... because I'd wager IF you install the XML extensions noted & 'relax' the security settings?

Even Win2k3 could be infected here.

APK

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006