1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newbie: Best build & driver combination?

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by johnc2k, Nov 21, 2006.

1. johnc2k New Member

Thanks Received:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    My recommendation would be to follow this link to a fairly good guide on how to set up ATI drivers on tweakguides.com. Although I no longer refer to it I must admit it is a useful resource to use for people who aren't sure about drivers yet such as yourself. The latest drivers are 6.11 I believe (the CCC numbers aren't the same as the number given to the driver package, it is unlikely your disk has the latest drivers so I recommend you download the latest version from ati.com, but that should be covered in that guide if you aren't sure what to download). If you have any problems please post back here and me and other users will be more than happy to help you.
  3. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well the X1900 is a fairly new card so I recommend the latest beta. Although it may not be 100% stable it will have more support for your card.
  4. mikek75

mikek75 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I spend a lot of time on the Sapphire Forum, and there are many reports of ATI Tool causing high temperatures when used in the X19XX's, especially when CCC is also on the system. The mods advise to uninstall everything including ati tool or ati tray tools, do a registry clean and sweep with driver cleaner pro. Then use just the driver with Riva Tuner for any overclocking. Don't take my word for it, have a search on sapphiretech for X1900+ATITool...
  5. Slater Guest

In this forum you NEVER have to worry about being bashed for asking a question that the answer is obvious.

In this forum you get bashed if you talk out your ass :) Like RPG711. =D

This forum is great and welcome :)