1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

newbie here - oc 9600xt 256 mb

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by sniper_Nolight, Oct 22, 2004.

1. sniper_Nolight New Member

Thanks Received:
    im totally new to oc of graphic cards.

i have a sapphire radeon 9600xt 256 mb.

i use (of course i guess) ATITool

what approx. mem & clock numbers should i count on?

isnt it possible to see temp on in atitools?

i only use the fan that sapphire put on the card, so no modding there, but i do use a exhaust fan right beneath it which sucks air and blows it out back - you know the cards that takes up an pci spot.

i use a thermaltake cabinet with 5 80mm fans for flow.

i will look back in the forum for more info, but if you have anything to learn me (especially about those numbers) i'd be grateful.

thx in advance.

sniper_Nolight

2. Fahim

Thanks Received:
    I think it is possible to see temp. reading in ATITool. About overclock, each card is different than other in the same series in overclock. I guess around 550/650 if the ram is samsung 3.3ns TSOP. Some cards go higher though.

3. sniper_Nolight New Member

Thanks Received:
    i doesnt work for me

thx for replying - i guess oc just isnt for me - im not sure if my card has temp sensor cuss i cant find no temp nowhere - ive also tryed oc my cpu - its a athlon xp 2400+ with this i can get the cpu clock to 143 which only gives me 160mhz approx. bur when i reboot i get black screen - i just dont get it+ the cpu heat gets up to 55degrees celsius and 58 playing - its not stable at all so ive decided to buy a new cpu... i guess i dont really understand how to oc anymore.

my ram is 2 x 256 pc2100 ram and 1 x 512 pc3200 (my board is capable of using pc2700)
    when i use all 1024 ofcourse the machine runs pc2100 and still not stable when i only use the 512 pc 3200 (at 2700) its not stable either so i just dont know...

but thanks anyhoo:eek:)

4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    You need a new CPU heatsink.