1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newegg.com

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by DanishDevil, Feb 26, 2008.

1. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I just ordered for probably the 10th time in my lifetime from them, and was bummed at the shipping price of my order once I configured it. I was searching for coupon codes when I read that one back in the day had to be "activated" by their live support staff. So, I figured, hey, why not see if they can "soften" the price of shipping?

Long story short, I told them that I've been a long time customer, gave them my email, they looked at my previous purchases, and responded with this:

So, don't go running to them for your next order expecting this, but if you've been a long time customer (I have placed 10 orders...hehe i was right about 10...totaling over $2500), then have a little chat with the support staff before your next order!

:rockout:LONG LIVE THE EGG:rockout:

2. TomFred New Member

Thanks Received:
    that makes you good dealer!

3. Duxx Guest

I was upset with their shipping in the beginning however i then realized blame was entirely on UPS. Their service is definitely one of a kind at least that is what i have noticed. This just adds to that. :D

4. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm never had a online PC store cut me any slack on anything.. even when they have sent em the wrong order twice and took a month to send me the correct thing : (

5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    They accepted my RMA instantly and the day they got my RMA package they accepted it.

6. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Yes. Thank god for the egg, I love it.
    I gave my uncle money to order something on Wednesday but I've yet to see it, but who knows what he's doing...

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've spent five grand there in the last year and a half. What's really cool, is you can go way back in your order history, and Newegg still keeps descriptions and pictures of all the products you bought even though they no longer carry them! That's cool!:cool:

8. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Buy from Newegg!

You better make sure he hasn't blown it on hookers or gambling ;)

Yeah erocker, it's great. Since I buy almost 90% of my stuff from them, I can look back and reminisce of systems gone and parts that I've used. It's great! Especially when I'm trying to remember what motherboard I had in the system last and I'm too lazy to look for the box in my closet :)

-----

Let me know if any of you guys try this and if you're successful. I wonder if it was just one of their guys in a really good mood or if they're permitted to do this kind of thing normally. I mean looking back on it, they only gave me 3.7% off my order, but still, it's nice and it made me definitely want to buy it from them rather than waiting a few weeks and getting it cheaper locally once my guys had it in stock.