1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

newegg has gotten real slow!!! ARGHHHH!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by overclocking101, Feb 4, 2010.

1. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    ok so due to may state taxes being deposited extremely fast! this morning at 6 a.m. eastern time I placed my order at newegg for EVGA P55 FTW and i7-860 cpu. i hit the "rush processing" for an extra $2.99 so when I get out of work today I check online for my order. in the past I have had things shipped the same day hell my last newegg order (last tax season) was processed and shipped within 2 hours of hitting "submit order". and it is stuck on "processing 20%". I call them. they say "yes sir we havent even debited your bank yet" the bank says "yes sir they sure have". They say "well we can cancel the order and re submit it and you can request faster shipping for an extra 40 bucks!!" I say well wait thats not frikin right! its still processing why cant you add the added shipping in? Its not our policy sir!!!! Wait what?!?!? so now at the end of the day it still at 20% processing and now I wont get it till monday the soonest possibly wednesday IF they ship it before 12pm tomorrow which doesnt look promising!! im pissed what the heck can I do?!?!? they say if I cancel the order and re-place the order with next day shipping then it will give my money back within 24 hours thats messed up!! I asked if I could cancel it and keep the $$ on credit for faster processing and less holds in my bank account/debit card. they said no its not policy. I said what the heck IS your policy! i just dropped 500 buck and wont see crap till mid next week! and they do nothing absolutely nothing to help! next time I'm going tiger direct i dont care if it costs 20-30 more per itme. you know I think im going to cal them tomorrow before 12pm just to tell them that! this just irks me newegg used to always be far more helpful than this!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :nutkick: :nutkick: :eek: :shadedshu :shadedshu :shadedshu

2. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    I can't speak for your one order, but i have had nothing but great luck from New Egg and had a FEW bad expieriences from Tiger.

I think the universal comment is that none of these big companies care how much your spending, especially tiger direct. But i believe that NEw Egg is the same way. We are just numbers and the support is hourly workers many times in another land. So what would they care.

But i can feel the pain of waiting for cash to drop and then checking for a tracking number many many times...

best of luck with your order that equiptment should be lots of fun!

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sentences. paragraphs. full stops. commas.

Srsly.

4. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    he'sstressing over getting new hardware, i'm suprised if he even came up for air while he was typing :cry:

5. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can honestly say that Tiger's customer service BLOWS!! The times I called they treat you like you're an idiot trying to sound smart. The only reason I shop at Tiger is because they don't charge Tax to California customers....

6. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I still like the egg.

At least you aren't stuck with a place like THIS.

7. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    I always love your comments, have I ever told you that?? LOL. Anyways, it's simply upsetting to me; the customer service. I'm seriously thinking tomorrow first thing about cancelling my order and going with a different company. I am going to call them and tell them if they refuse to help me get my crap to cancel my order. I'll go to ebay hell it will take the same amount of time from ebay!

8. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i think the 2.99 for rush processing is a joke

9. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    That does not sound like Newegg at all. I've been using them for about 10 years, never had an issue. They have always been on time with every order I placed. I have been noticing they are playing with their shipping options the last few months. Maybe its getting to expensive to ship certain things as fast as they used to.

10. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

I am a preffered customer :p free rush shipping! And in all fairness, you can't see the boxes hidden within the boxes.

shevanel says thanks.
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I often have to order parts for the computers in my office, built many from scratch before and now. I order something from newegg at least once every two weeks, usually more often.

they have an easier site to work with, faster service, and better customer support when something goes wrong than tiger, or pretty much any other etailer i have found.

now - obviously you have a right to frustrated, i'm just trying to save you even more aggravation you would incur byt going... tiger. bleh.

@bgpt - lol my spare room looks like that :) all from newegg!

12. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am sorry to hear about the tough time you are having. I believe your payment from checking is what threw a wrench in it. I have ordered from Newegg for 4 years now(50+ shipments). I have had only a few situations where it took about a day longer to deliver than expected. I always use a credit card/debit card/paypal for payment and my orders always ship same day. I hope things work out for you.

13. Cecil

Cecil New Member

Thanks Received:
    One, calm down. If you needed it that quick, you should have gotten faster shipping to begin with. Two, I put in 4 orders over the last few days, each one was one day after the last. Everyone of them with ground shipping has shipped the day after I ordered, and arrived two days after that. 3days total on everyone of them. Ive had issues with their RMAs taking a long time (once they even sent back the same defective part I sent them and marked it as new online) or with free shipping taking longer then it should.

Also, they dont update anything till a while after it actually shipped, and dont send out the email for at least a day most times. When I want to know if something shipped I look at my account on newegg to see, and 9/10 its there saying shipped when they havent sent the email saying it was.

Anyway, unless you got the free DHL shipping, you should get it on monday. Just remeber the UPS NEVER does any shipping on Saturday with ground or 2day. You have to get the actual "overnight Saturday" shipping option for them to touch your package on a Saturday.

14. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes it is and if you tell them it was after paying it they will give it back to you lol.

Newegg Rocks and come one people are spending that tax money maybe a shit load of them got it :).

15. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Really it comes down to whether you get it in before 3pm EST/12pm PST; If you got it in before then, I am surprised they didn't have it together and shipped the same day. Shipping times are always going to be a function of where there shipping it from and where you are, and how much cash you gave them. I just ordered a product today at 4pm and it shipped today, already have a tracking number, but I won't see it till Monday, at least thats what I'd expect, mainly because its coming from CA and I am in GA. IF it was coming from the TN warehouse I could see it Friday, but unless you pay for overnight or 1 day, your not going to see it till next Monday.

16. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Thanks Received:
  17. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    yeah it was a debit card i used. i called the bank to check if it had come out. it did. ah well. i ordered it 8 am eastern time they werent even open yet or just barely were opening. just frustrating is all. I dont have a lot of $$ so when i do spend it i just expect good results. I have just never had an order no matter how big take even one full day to ship and if it did they were sually a bit more pleasant in helping me out. i mean this lady was rude. I used to spend over 1200 a month at newegg up untill my divorce times are a bit harder now. so im no longer a preferred customer. but I'm still a customer and should be treated like just that. I should not call them and be made to feel like im screwed unless I want to cancel and re order which would mean i would either a. need to wait 24 hours or so. or b. have enough $$ to fully cover a second $500 order untill the $$ clear back into my bank account, which I dont. ahh whatever you live you learn

18. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    99% of the time Newegg is without equal, The other 1% sucks.

For me calling them on the phone has only made things worse.

Using the "Chat" internet function solves stuff 50% of the time, but asking to be transferred to a supervisor helps a lot

If you have been wronged (not like this simple matter as you are really over reacting here) the best thing is to leave a review on ResellerRatings.com. That gets the higher ups attention REALLY fast.

19. timta2

Thanks Received:
    My last order (two weeks ago) from Newegg took a surprisingly long time to ship. It was almost 36 hours, I think. I wonder if they have laid some people off or something recently?. I've been ordering from them since they opened and that was the slowest shipping so far on any order.

20. Indra EMC

Indra EMC

Thanks Received:
    You're lucky. I'm buying item's from ebay, it takes TWO WEEKS before i get the item that i have been buyed. :lol:

21. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    IMO this thread ought to be over at GN.

But, I do hope you get your items in a timely manner.:)

P.S. Don't ever pay for expedited order processing, it ain't worth it. Put the extra to faster shipping, if you need it that quickly.

22. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    tigerdirect is good sometimes but my only reason to shop there is the over 100$ get free shipping thing. ive seen some of the orders guys post here for a whole computer setup from newegg and there shippings like 30-40$

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have spent over $2400 on newegg in the past 10 months and every single order has been flawless.

I just ordered 2 Samsung F3 for RAID0 and I placed the order yesterday morning and scheduled delivery is tomorrow!

Have faith, your stuff will come!

24. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Samsung F3's MMMMM!

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    I stopped paying the 2.99 rush processing a while ago. primarily because I noticed that orders i forgot to put it on came out just as fast as those I did put it on. I've learned to be patient when ordering new hardware though as most of the industry (not just newegg) has slowed down in their response times. I personally blame 14 year olds with credit cards, but who knows why in actuality.