1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newegg starts selling Palits!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ShadowFold, Feb 21, 2008.

1. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    no prob :D

any chance of some palit mobos?
  2. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Being a Palit representative, do you know if you guys are having a special higher memory version of the 9800GTX or 9800Gx2. I know its early to be asking but it never hurts to ask right? If you guys put one out that had more memory and if nvidia uses Tri-SLI with the 9800GTX or quad with the GX2's.... I would buy 2 or three. Depending on which card configuration offered the best performance.

My Gaming rig that is not listed on this site has a 780i ASUS board waiting on the launch. :cool:

If we are talking about discounts, it would be great if there was one for buying multiple cards from you guys. Like a discount if 2 9800GX2's were bought or 3 9800GTX's were bought. Not a huge discount but just one that makes your cards similarly priced to the lower ram versions etc.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  3. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    that Palit 9600GT a very nice card, I would trade my overclocked 3850 for it . . . maybe,

but that cooling solution under the stroud, does that vend hot air into the system
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Wow, its so cool to have a field representative visit the boards again (havent seen the OCZ guy in awhile). Im definitely looking at PaLit now as a company to purchase from. Question, do you have the HD3850/3870 cards as well? Im really wanting to get one of them as they are in my price range.

As an aside, welcome to the forums and a big thank you to you and GJSneptune for mentioning the discount.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm wondering about procuring a couple Palit HD3870's myself, however I can't find a place to buy them. Does Palit sell direct?
  6. Palit_Guy

Palit_Guy Palit Representative

Thanks Received:
    Too soon to comment.
  7. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Yup. They are coming. I'm not sure how high end we're going to go with them. Currently our offering is more mid to upper-mid range but I've seen some roadmap stuff that looks promising. I'm as curious to find out as you are.
  8. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    It has a small grill that lets some of it out the back. I'm still waiting on my sample to arrive so I can't give you any first hand experience on how much gets vented out vs. in. Should be here next week.
  9. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    THat's the first I've heard of something like that, but it defi sounds like it'll have a purpose in the near future as more and more powerful cards come to market.

Is it supposed to be a supplimental supply that's fed by a main, standard PSU? Or will it require another wall outlet cable?

Not to get too far sidetracked from hwo this thread is going - but is there any word on Palit offering a 3870x2? I'm really curious to see how some of the more "resourceful" companies intend to address the cooling of that setup, aside from the OE looking dual-slot leaf blower . . .
  10. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    :rockout: thats were i am mid to upper-mid

im open to test out an all palit rig for palit you know to test for defects :roll:

or maybe i just want a free rig who knows
  11. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Yup! They are hard to get though so not all resellers have them all the time. You kind of have to look around.
    WarEagleAU says thanks.
  12. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Yes. I think minimum orders start at 2.5k units.
  13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    :cry: now it really hard for me on this! wanting 3870x2, but that 1gb Nvidia...
  14. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    No, it has its own connection to the wall. That's why it works. I think they are looking for a sub $60 price with the idea that you can skip buying a whole new PS but still run a big card.

I know they are working on allocation for the X2 stuff but I don't know when they will ship.
  15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My name is erocker, not Newegg.:laugh: I'll keep my eye out for something in the "retail" market. Thanks for the offer though.;) :toast:
  16. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    +1... that means another 2,498 to go! :roll:
    tpu can get it!?!
  17. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    as far as marketing guys go palit you are a shining example, you have been honest and helpful and i respect that, also may i suggest for the X2's, maybe a full orange version like that 8800 on the second page of this thread (even with orange pcb?), if you happened to put one of those on the market i would buy one of those in an instant
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  18. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    http://en.expreview.com//?p=154

Our source said NVIDIA only choose 4 AIC companies to release 8800GS, so not all AIC companies can get the G92-150 chip. The four companies are eVGA, XFX, Palit and Asus. Of course they have their sales limited area: eVGA only sell their card in the Americas, XFX limited in Europe. Palit is China and Korea, ASUS in charge of whole asia area.

Turns out this was true.
  19. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see - I wasn't sure if they intended the secondary PSU to be more of a power amplifier or just a full-boogey PSU. I guess that's the best route to have it be it's own source then, so as to not stress the ever-loving crap out the SYS PSU.

I'll defi be keeping my eye out for Palit's x2 offerings . . . I'll be in the market for one in the next few months, and I haven't really seen any real difference between the few brands that are already to market. I'm hoping Palit and ASUS come through in those regards, as everyone else looks mirror image to each other.
  20. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    if we all buy one then yes:toast:
  21. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    When are those mobo's being released do you know? Or can you not tell, cause im gonna be getting a sub 90$ 775 board in a week or so :)
  22. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ya, it's a lot of cards. But we're a manufacturer. I suppose we could sell them directly but it would be at MSRP so you would be stupid to pay that much.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27326&vpn=AEx38700+T352&manufacture=Palit Multimedia Inc.

Only problem is Sapphire has one at the same site for $40 less. So if you want one of ours wait for the price drop to hit. If you can't wait, then do what you need to do as much as it pains me to say it. These are all reference boards so there's really no difference between them.

I just sent an email over to the sales team asking WTF?
  23. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    It's going to be more than a week or so. Palit has been making mobos for some time, we just haven't brought them to the US yet. We've had our hands full just keeping up with the video card sales. We'll have to add more people for mobos.

So the plan is that we will be doing mobos here, it's just a month or two out.
  24. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I would buy that, but i'm looking at an x2! lol... or the Palit 1gb one I've seen...
  25. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    If there is any way we can get away with it you can bet we will be doing our own design on the X2s as well as the GX2s when they launch. ATI and NV often put restrictions on what can be done and when.

And for good reason, too. If they didn't you would have a ton of manufacturers putting out all sorts of crazy parts that die within a year or so. Add a crappy RMA process and they can get away with it. Even though word gets out in the scene to avoid those types of things, they can still get in and get out before anyone knows what's happened particularly with less savvy people.