• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

News should be News

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
There is a lot of places around the interwebz that are starting to give TPU as a source on the matter. Reasoning, news reporters making the report for others to understand it.
Mal and Bta are doing nothing more less then a Stand-up job on the matter! :respect:

Fixed that for you ;)

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
I respect btarunr opinions, and all the other opinions of the news team at techPowerUp!. You guys are doing a great job in the news IMO.

+1. The internet is quite large and there's a reason why we all come here to this site. One of those reasons is the breaking news AND the speculation. Speculation can be healthy and useful if executed with intelligence and moderation. Bta, Malware and the rest of the news folks do a great job of reporting the latest and greatest IMO. Keep it up guys!:toast:

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
I like the way the news is now. Who cares what the title of the article is or if theres a small hint of thought in it. Hes not a robot..

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzM3NjMsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

^Look who's source now. Speculation - known facts = The Inq. Speculation + known facts to back it = TPU.

TBH, I think it's great to see other sites that are just as respected as TPU linking back here to our news spots . . .

but, it's sad in that instance their link back to a TPU thread, and the thread in questions starts off with the same nonsense we're seeing here in this thread.

If our "official" (read: staff) opinions were completely outrageous, made-up, un-supportable . . . then I'd say that there would be a decent point for an arguement as that would reflect upon the nature of TPU as a whole, and give the rest of the i-net the impression that we're just another tech-site tabloid. But . . . the opinions our news reporters tend to express is always on par with the topic, very justifible, and in many cases they can cite or explain their reasoning to back themselves up.

As a whole as well, in regards to topics that they personally know little about, they don't express any opinions in the topic post, and just leave it to the facts or summary that they're linking to and citing; instead waiting until into our ramblings and discussions to bring up their POV, which removes any such "officiality" from their opinion as it's not expressed with the article itself.

TBH - I think our system is just fine, and personally, I rather enjoy seeing how many news posts are flying up now as compared to only a month or two ago. And the more concise and informative the article, the more there is too debate and ramble about. C'mon - y'all know we here at TPU love beating dead horses (look at the "what's wrong with our forums?" thread if you need an example), and will speculate the crap out of new hardware rumors until the rumored hardware has been given the ability to illuminate the dark side of the moon, revert banstick decisions, stitch holes in the Ozone layer, repel vampires, negate voodoo hexes, and end the war in Iraq.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Of course it's normal. I don't want robot news. I respect your opinion, BTA, and I like the way you come to various conclusions. Not through wild conjecture, but through logical analysis of the situation at hand. You always phrase a guess as to the outcome as a question (which makes it obvious to the reader that it is contemplation, not fact), and you always post sources for the information you use from other sites and sources.

I really do not think we could ask for more.

Keep up the great work !!

calvary1980

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield L724A629 @ 3.8Ghz 423x9 1.47v
Motherboard Abit IP-35 Pro Beta 16.B04 (vDroop)
Cooling 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, EK Multi Option 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT
Memory 2x1 OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 @ 5-5-5-18 1220 2.3v
Video Card(s) Inno3D Geforce 8800GTS 320
Storage Western Digital Raptor X 150
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22"
Case Cooler Master RC-690
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake ToughPower 1000
pm me for a nakednews pass, much more entertaining than bta. I only got about 18,000 accounts :p

- Christine

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Ok bta you heard Christine get nekked and do the news :laugh: