1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Next Gen gaming AI

Discussion in 'Games' started by Champ, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    As much as I love this place, I'm also heavily into sports and more so sport gaming. With NCAA 11 and Madden 11 around the corner, they started showing clips of NCAA 11, since that gets released first. A lot of people are not impressed the lack of upgrades in graphics and gameplay. I know graphics have probably hit the wall with this generation and more so quicker with the consoles. I think your average console gamer doesn't realize that. The thing that really gets me is the AI logic. I know it all man made, but it's lacks compared to graphics. Why don't we have like HD AI? In sport games particularly, a super advanced AI would take gaming to a new level and they wouldn't need to improve graphics to add gimmicks every year. The thought of an AI controlled Peyton Manning out-smarting you and your players would be lovely. Usually Madden does cheats and unfair thing in gameplay to make certain players seem dominate. I believe the next-next gen of gaming should concentrate on AI more than graphics.
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I would love better AI.

but it is soooo very hard to actually write. and soo not worth the money when you consider how well they sell with shoddy ai. all the work in R & D etc would no where near equal the amount of extra sales it could mean.

if some generous individual/company wanted to bestow upon the world an advanced AI engine for the benefit of games and man alike... then it could happen :)
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I wish AI was better in games but digibucc does have a point, even though I don't like it, its true, though there are great games out there that have really good AI that I recall from, hmmm let me think.

-Fear
    -Halo combat evolved
    -Killzone 2
    -Gears of war 1-2
    -Half life 2 series

Thats just my personal opinion and experience but Im pretty sure there are other ones:toast:
  4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Tbh, the STALKER series has really good AI. They flank you and all sorts... makes it really hard on the lower settings, lol.