1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NFS Most Wanted

Discussion in 'Games' started by ivanpacheco, Jan 24, 2006.

1. ivanpacheco New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had installed the NFS Most Wanted. It was working fine. Last Sunday I had to reinstall XP because a problem in a HDD (with stripping RAID!) :banghead: All data lost! Luck I had a back-up! . System was an MSI K8N Neo-FSR, BIOS 1.7, drivers 5.11, Athlon 64 2800, MSI RX9800PRO with Catalyst 5.11, and on board audio with Realtek A3.81 drivers.
    The same day I sold the Radeon so I bought an XFX 6600GT PCI Express to use with an MSI K8N Neo3-F I got in RMA a month ago. Dirvers are 6.70 for the mother and 81.98 for the VGA.
    Now when I start the game, the HDD seems to do something for a second, and then nothing happens. Even inserting the DVD and starting with the splash menu, the same happens and after a few seconds, the menu shuts down! I changed drivers for the recomended ones, don't remember # but it was the one that says in the readme, changed the audio drivers for the Realtek ones, but is the same. The demo is working fine.
    Any advices will be wellcome!!

Thanks in advance!! :)
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  2. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried looking for a patch or version upgrade on EA's site?
  3. ivanpacheco New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes. I forgot. I've already installed the patch and is the same.
  4. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    goto into ur my docs folder and copy your save game. then completly remove the ea folder after uninstall. then reinstall it andnput your save game file back in the my docs folder like it was and try it again.
  5. ivanpacheco New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can do that, but is was a new clean XP install since my HDD failed. I don't think it would help.
    I can try it anyway......
  6. ivanpacheco New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whell! Finally it works!. Downloaded a "fix" (don't know what it is) from this page http://megagames.com/ (hope it can help somone else) and now I can play the game!
    Thank you every one for your help.
  7. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:

what is the fix called ??? can u link it directly form that site i cannot find it ! thx :)
  8. ivanpacheco New Member

Thanks Received: