1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NFS Shift Not A FULL SIMULATOR AFTER ALL Plus SHORT REVIEW

Discussion in 'Games' started by @RaXxaa@, Sep 18, 2009.

1. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    HEllo everyone, i had my first hand expirence with nfs Shift,

Like it it said its a simulator(i totally hate those games) But this nfs shift is well worth trying,
    although i have not posted any pictures or videos, but its much of a arcade game, its better than carbon&prostreet, if u guys liked the underground 2 than you will like this too, now it is not all vinyls and modding the car and all NOS, i havent had the pleasure of all play through, but there are cars with nitrous and it actually seems like a playable need for speed!
    If u hated the nfs prostreet still this is worth a try, Even if closed tracks, you will have arcade style racing, my expirence was in NORMAL profile not casual or advanced but was a very good expirence.

I know i should have posted in a NFS SHIFT thread but its not how great it is, rather its about its not a total sim(such racing that is in Forza2) but its better than forza for me,

I havent posted a video of me playing either as i wud have crashed because it takes time getting used to it,

As for the graphics, great but not up to my expectations, the in car detail was very well but had some BAD about it to

The modding was fine as in paint the camera was moving to the part to be painted,example the hood, the camera would focus on that but that wasnt the case for changing body parts or applying body kits, it just was the car in side view.( i really didnt like that)

As there was a steering wheel upgrade, i never was show which steering wheel i would upgrade to only a prompt that its upgraded to custom steering,

These were some minor problems thats needed changing, and i hope some further patches would fix them, the overall game is great.

I will rate it myself as i liked it

Graphics 7.0
    Sound 6.0 (Just whrooming of the cars, but was a bit realistic)
    Gameplay 7.5(Nice smooth driving i enjoyed it wasant hard to control and get use to)
    Story N/A(never got around it)

Overall an improvement over the useless previous games(prostreet and Carbon)

Now this is my own review of this game, correct me if iam wrong (as this is a review of a previously Dissapointed by nfs user)

SORRY IF I WASNT THE FIRST ONE TO WRITE ABOUT IT, I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE

Worth Playing!
    sttubs and Boneface say thanks.
  2. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    I just played the demo and love it, and on my 32inch 1080p it looks beautiful. Deff going to have to get this.
  3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    +1 thank you for the review, go out and try this game, there is a demo out ( I dont vouch for the demo, because they are far from optimized in the graphics and fun departmnet )
  4. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thx for de feedbak
  5. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    That's 68.3% which is low for a $40-60 game.

I think you're either going to like it if like GIRD and other simulator-like racing games and you'll hate it if you like the arcade style of previous Need for Speed titles.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    my only question is: is like grid?
  7. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it like GRID

I really didnt like grid and havent played much but this game is way better in grapic wise and gameplay wise as compared to grid. So its way better than grid in every way
  8. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Um i said its my own score of nfs but its worth playing i like arcade but this is pretty awsome

As it is way better in control than GRID and still offers simulation so it is a very good deal i mean if u start playing it you do get a bit addicted :p
  9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I only got to play the demo once(i liked it), cause after that anytime i start it up it crashes when the race is about to begin.(physx is disabled to) With a ''nfsshift.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'' error.

The demo gets a 4/10 from me. Till i can get it to work.
  10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    So i turned off Shadows and it works now.
  11. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    no, its far better ;)
  12. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    And what game have 10 Graphic according to you ?
  13. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually r9 there is till now no game that i think deserves a 10, so there is your answer!
    And i rather wait for a better game to come out to see if it deserves a 10
  14. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    When i play the game i use evga precision and it temps are rising on one core and not the other so im assuming one one core is benig used. Anyway i could fix that or is that just way it is? gtx 295

Thanks boneface
  15. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    no speed sensation in the PC demo, when you reach the high speed just the cockpit become unfocused but the track dont give you any sensation of speed like has been showed on the trailers.

I think is the pc graphics too much clean too much bright.

I ordered this game for xbox hope is not as the PC
  16. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its NOTHING like GRID. The gameplay itself doesn't feel like GRID. In GRID you feel like you're an elite driver doing all these amazing moves and stuff. Shift forces you to drive properly, or else you'll suffer (from poor scores).

I love the scalability of the game, whoever says the pro mode of the game doesn't feel like a sim should be caned. (It feels like any other slightly mad studios game ). The casual mode is somewhat like driving on railroad tracks but will bring little frustration to those players who dislike simulator physics.

The scoring system makes the game pretty interesting actually.

Unfortunately, this game is getting much prejudice from the anti-nfs-rtards. Hence most reviewers are getting dissed for the overly high score. Wonder what would happen if NFS SHIFT was not part of the NFS franchise? Probably a warmer reception?

Anyway whats wrong with the graphics? Its the best we've seen from any EA driving game so far, very GT5 esque obviously without the resolution, furthermore, on a bloody two year old G92 i can run it maxed out at 60FPS. There are a few bugs though.... i mean slightly mad studios must love the R34 Skyline for it to be the only car that breaks 403km/h with a top speed of 500km/h+ :laugh:

Do people in the ATI camp have issues with this game?

EDIT: Obviously if you're driving at 100km/h with a E46 or something you wont have a sensation of speed.... maybe try driving a maserati?
  17. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Um both of the cores should register temperature, could be it has a single temperature reader or both cores are connected to one tempertaure probe... iam not an expert but the last possibility would be a probe failure, hope this helps
  18. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well trailes are made to look excellent & attractive, i never tried all of the game yet but maybe the demo is missing out on the speed expirence, the game itself i never had enough chance to go max speed so i wont say if it is true only in trailers...
  19. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:

Agree its way better then shift, and u only get true simulation at all assists off, i only said thats its not all simulation as in forza 2. even with all assists controling the car pisses me off very much and physx arent up to expected(Forza 2 not nfs shift).

Not anti-nfs, love it but the prostreet and carbon did suck!!

Graphics Best of EA but at this time would expect way better than this! Still great that is if In-cockpit view is used
  20. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    Both are readding termps, ITs just that only one is getting hotter while the other is staying same temp as in idle

The look of the game is great, i dont usually care for racing games but this one is awesome
  21. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great 4 u that u like this one!! :D :toast:
  22. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i like burnout. this way racing games should be. realism is for FPS:p
  23. mikek75

mikek75 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have issues on certain tracks with more than 8 cars on track (Tokyo and Laguna Seca spring to mind). Not sure if its an ATI problem or more to do with the Physx, seems at its worst when the AI are having a crashfest or when huge amounts of dust is being kicked up. Over on the EA forum theres a 12 page thread entitled ATI Problems, but some Nvidia people are complaining too.

Having said that, I thinks its an amazing game. Playing with a G25 wheel in Pro mode is definately a sim-like experience, the tyre physics are so much more believeable than GTR2 and GTR Evo (to a lesser extent). You still slide off if you overcook it but you can catch slides and feel for grip. Granted the crash physics are a little exaggerated with cars flipping up a little to easily, but generally its pretty easy to immerse yourself. I just did 3 laps of the Nordschliefe in a tricked out Lotus Elise, and after 25 mins of pure concentration and speed I felt a bit wobbly when I stood up, LOL
  24. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    To add my own tidbit the game graphcs wise is basically NFS Prostreet track and GRID car put together. It supports up to 8xaa and 1920x1200. I would expect more AA with a more modern game. GRID supports up to 16x.

The handling is very much like Prostreet, a more sim feel to it. Even with assits turned on GRID is easier to handle.

Sound. The sound absolutely sucks horribly. All you hear is REALLY LOUD CARS THAT YOU CANT TURN DOWN AT ALL. ITS ALMOST AS ANNOYING AS TRYING TO READ ALL THESE CAPS.
    I hope they fix the sound soon.

Single 280, tricore AMD, 1920x1200 with 8xaa maxed and im silky smooth. So great playability.
    City and track racing like GRID makes it more fun than Prostreet. Able to customize cars which is a plus still.

If your playing the demo i strongly suggest using GTR for London to get both stars and Viper for Track to get both stars and play with the Zonda. Its amazingly fun to say the least.

Side note-I play with a 360 controller no assits on ever on any racing game.
  25. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    You must be on crack dude.