1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nintendo DS Lite launch details

Discussion in 'News' started by Darksaber, May 4, 2006.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Some of you may be waiting for the Nintendo DS Lite. The new portable console will be launched in North America on Sunday the 11th of June and will cost $129 US Dollars. The only color available at launch will be "polar white", while other colors will most certainly follow. The major upgrade to the original DS is the screen, which is brighter on its lowest of the four available settings, than on the original console. Besides that, the Lite has become much smaller, and the placement of the buttons has been changed slightly.
    [​IMG]

Source: DS Advance
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Finally, I have been waiting for these to hit the US market so I can get a DS(and not have to pay more then twice the price for one). Though I still have to wait for the different colors to come out, because I can't stand white.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. XooM New Member

Thanks Received:
    "lite"? lite usually implies subpar... but from the sounds of it, its an upgrade?
  4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want a black one.
  5. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't like these things.. my brother has a regular DS, all the games suck for it, and if it's a decent game the controls or graphics usually suck.

PSP was much better...even though I traded that in too...
  6. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I believe they are the same as the original DS, just redesigned and maybe slightly better screens, but I could be wrong.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. ComradeRobbins

ComradeRobbins New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks nice. I love my DS, the games are great, and that redesign fixes so many complaints I had, specifically the brighter back screen and the easier to hold form. I'm excited! My only complaint is that the GBA cartridges stick out slightly, but I'll gladly deal with that in exchange for the other fixes.

Now for a PSP redesign...

Also, bigboi86, did you guys try Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, or Animal Crossing? Those games alone make the DS worth purchase.
  8. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    "The DS reloaded." This is exactly what happened with the advance. They came out with the SP, dont get me wrong, it was great with a light and all, but DS lite is just stupid. Smaller, ALL THEY DID WAS TAKE OUT THE SPEAKERS AND MOVE THEM! Thats about it.