1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by waspman3, Dec 17, 2007.

1. waspman3

waspman3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well looks like in 9 days this will be under the Christmas tree for my son.What are the pro's and cons of having one of these and what can I expect graphics wise as thats what I like most about games among other things? WASPMAN
  2. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    Graphics will be better then PS2 but no where near Xbox360 or ps3.

With my experiences I kinda got bored with the Wii after 30mins of play. The controls are just not practical. Its fun at first but then you realize it would be more comfortable to play with just a normal standard controller. Games like Mortal Kombat or Guilty Gear is just a pain in the ass with the remote/chuck

the only thing i play now is Guitar hero III and thats it.
  3. waspman3

waspman3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll tell you what Neocrisis he'd better like it longer than 30 minutes as I got that from a local retailer @ 4:30 am.Not a fun experience but the things we do for our kids ya know?Thanks!!
    WASPMAN
  4. BloodTotal

BloodTotal New Member

Thanks Received:
    you made me rofl. "remote/chuck" its true though

look forward to wii sports and overall look forward to all the games that are exclusively on the wii
  5. Shizelbs New Member

Thanks Received:
    How old is your son? Will you be playing with him?
  6. Sky New Member

Thanks Received:
    the wii is fun if u have friends and family to play with. once u get super smash bro brawl its gunna be more fun.
  7. Joshmcmillan

Joshmcmillan New Member

Thanks Received:
    My brother (11) and I (15) both got a Wii for Christmas last year and we both enjoyed it very much. The game that comes with it, wii sports has heaps of stuff to do with challenges and very good multiplayer, and as well as the free game included there is heaps of other free stuff that comes with it if you have the internet such as forcast and news channel, photo channel, everybody votes channel, check mii out channel and MP3 preview channel. Then on top of the original package, there are good games like Zelda: Twilight Princess which got 9.6 on IGN and is reasonably cheap (special at Big W for $44) and games like Mario Galexy (got 9.6 as well), super paper mario, metroid prime 3 (9.5) etc...
  8. waspman3

waspman3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks everyone for there input and Happy Holidays to all and stay safe!! WASPMAN
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I love drinking a buch of beer and bowling with the Wii. Tiger Woods golf is pretty nice too!
  10. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap. You both got one of your own? I only wish I made enough to do this for my kids.:twitch: