1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nividia 9600GT Silent with fan?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by AlmicheV, Jul 27, 2008.

1. AlmicheV New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, am thinking of buying a 9600 silent. But in case the temps get too high I'd like to know if it's easy to attached a fan to it - rather than put on an aftermarket cooler and invalidate the warranty.

Thanks muchly.

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    What brand for the Silent? Is it ECS? Link?

If it has the AC S1 cooler on it, you could spend about $10-12 (iirc, incl s/h) and get the AC Turbo Module, it clips right onto the fins, 2x80mm fans. Or you could get a 120mm fan, some zip ties, or twist ties, there are a few options here...

This if that's the card you're getting...any more info you can provide when asking a question like this should be provided just to make things clearer for those trying to answer your questions. But I'm willing to bet it's got the AC S1 heatsink on it, 2 heatpipes, open spaced fins, etc...

:toast:

3. AlmicheV New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Hmm that is interesting...I don't like how the fins come out near the DVI connections...but that's just personal preference...

I'm sure you could attatch a fan to that quite easily with some zipties and patience though. Dunno if you'd have to remove that cooler or not to do such, but I'm sure once you get it and get a closer look, you'll find out for sure! I don't think it would be much of a challenge though.

:toast:

AlmicheV says thanks.
  5. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
  6. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    Well my xfx cards are practically silent when idiling. gaming I don't notice any sound because my speakers or headphones (depending on time of night) are turned all the way up. The only time they're ever loud is when I'm in bios, and that's because the fan control is off.(obviously, no forceware)