1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Alan Wake for PC. :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Jul 15, 2009.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1003893p1.html

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93183-Remedy-No-Alan-Wake-on-PC-Unless-Microsoft-Says-So

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2009/7/15/alan_wake_is_xbox_360/

johnnyfiive and boomstik360 say thanks.
  2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Game developers are getting lazy. Much easier to code for a console so don't bother with the PC.

3. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I thought XNA was both PC and Xbox 360 simultaneously?

4. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    You know, as fun as the game looks, with as long as it has taken to develope, I'm already tired of it and I haven't played 1 second of it...:slap:

Actually, it is more like Microsoft paid them shitloads of money to focus entirely on the Xbox360.

eidairaman1 and AsRock say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  5. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    It honestly pisses me off. I cannot believe how many times they push back the release date and then we don't even know if it will come out. On Xbox 360 its sure to look like garbage because of how much they were trying to pack into the game. Its gonna look like GTA4 I bet.

The screens on the promotional website were all from the PC version anyway.

6. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Not to mention it probably won't be nearly as fun considering how dumbed down the physic in the game will have to be to make it playable on the Xbox360.:shadedshu

7. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    They were having a lot of trouble finding the funds to continue development but they probably had to choose which platform to release it on due to a lack of funds. XBOX 360 yields alot more money in sales than PC ever has. Excluding MMORPG's that are designed to devour all your free time.

8. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu

9. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Also all of the light dynamics for the passing of time they had planned along with the dynamic shadows and DX10 mist that could move around the character's body etc.

Going overbudget killed this game. :(

10. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Remedy, I am disappoint.

11. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Dirty. Whether it's laziness or MS paying them off - I will never buy an Xbox. Can't be bothered with a PC version of an Xbox game? The easiest porting situation you can have?? Well, I can't be bothered to open my wallet.

12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Fine with me, we don't need more substandard ports of some console game. Games cost more on consoles, require a paid subscription to play them online (Xbox Live) and people still love throwing their money at them. It makes sense for a company to do what is profitable. I hope they make you play online just so they can charge you. I sold my Xbox 360 so I would stop bleeding money.

13. boomstik360

boomstik360

Thanks Received:
    Oh well they were talking a long time with that game anyway I lost hope back in 2008 lol.

14. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    BOOOO!

Hopefully it'll come out at a later date.

15. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ridiculous, I remember seeing the initial tech demos and all the excitement of it running on a quad core pc ooooh :) I really hope this does come out as it looks like my type of game.

16. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    > : (

17. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    I was really excited for this game when that first trailer came out showcasing the day/night cycle and physics of the boulders falling. With the latest trailer I saw I think last year, it had lost that intense atmosphere I got from the first trailer. Looks more like another 3rd person shooter now to me. I may have bought the game anyway when it came out, but I sure as hell won't buy a 360 to play it. Sorry Remedy, no money from me.

18. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Sounds about right.. PC on hold so they can cash in on the Smackbox...

19. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Oh what the ........ :X

On a sidenote, I'm seriously considering buying an Xbox, because that would be cheaper than to get a decent gaming rig. But then I won't get Starcraft 2. :(

20. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Meh...

21. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly what Microsoft wants. They make a lot more money on Xbox360 titles through royalties than Windows titles. The more Windows gamers that buy Xbox360s, the happier they are. :banghead:

I hope someone slaps an antitrust on Microsoft that forbids them from publishing games for any platform. That way, they'll have no choice but to sell off their publishing assets so other publishers that do multi-platform launches will buy them up (Ubisoft, Activision, EA, etc.). Microsoft undoubtly has higher quality games but when they kill one platform just to bolster another, they've crossed a line.

eidairaman1 and CDdude55 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Alan's developers, Wake up.

And I think it's safe to assume you won't be getting those wonderful visuals you saw in the teasers so far.

23. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    I seriously doubt the XB360 will last longer than a year with all the unreliability they have had and also who wants to pay for a stupid network on top of the internet seriously, when i buy a game that has online capability I expect to not have to pay for it any longer. I believe Aeria Games, Subagames, Netgames, Nexon, and Ijji have the right idea of paying for additional content to enhance the game itself at a fair price, as their games are down-loadable for free. MS seriously needs another antitrust case against them for trying to monopolize the gaming market. Games for Windows program failed thanks to them trying to make it Vista only and they are now trying to put full effort into the XB360, and that unit doesn't have much of a life span compared to the other 2. I believe Wii and PS3 have longer life spans due to more true gamer titles are being released for Wii and Sony's refreshed marketing.

yup because those graphics were developed on PCs running hardware that provides more power for the buck than the XB360, so they will have to dumb them down due to Inferior hardware being used.

24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

Be carefull you might start sound European lol.

25. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    The funny part is that Alan Wake was originally being developed for the PC. So what we are going to get now is a crappy Xbox360 port of a PC game that didn't even make it to Beta, and if it gets released on PC then the PC users will get a crappy PC port or a crappy Xbox360 port or a Pre-Beta PC game. Doesn't sound like the makings of a great game to me.

Honestly, I love my consoles, there are some games that just work better on a console(sports/racing/arcade flying), but there are some games that work better on PC(FPS, Third Person Shooters, RTS, Flight Simulators).

But I agree, that it sucks that the gaming on a console costs more.