1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Boot/Post when usb device is connected

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by toilet pepper, Apr 14, 2013.

1. toilet pepper

toilet pepper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I finally got my board back from RMA. They said they had to flash the BIOS to the latest one. I'm not sure how they did it. Most likely they changed the BIOS chip.

My problem now is a few days after plugging the FX-8320, the PC wont post or boot when a USB device is connected even a mouse. I've tried turning off any Legacy USB support. I also made sure that the the boot priority is the HDD and no other devices are selected.

BTW, I can't see anything when it posts as my display, for some sort of reason won't show the POSTS screen.

I'm stumped. Again... :banghead:

Thank you.

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    If you cant see the post screen then its not a post

So you CAN get to the bios with nothing plugged into the usb?

3. toilet pepper

toilet pepper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup! For some sort of reason I never saw the POST screen with my display. I'm using a cheap HDTV via HDMI and the display does not show the post screen. I just have to mash F2 or Del to get into BIOS and hope something appears.

And yes, I can get into the bios with just the KB since it is connected via PS2.

4. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Well there is a short somewhere so bench test it out of the case with minimal hardware atached and see if that fixes the problem

5. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    I agree with the short and I'd even say its likely near one of the screws on the left side of the board near where you pci-e and pci slots are...and or if you have a front usb header disconnect it.

make sure your mobo posts (screws your mobo screws screw into) are the same height as well or all the way screwed in or if your mobo tray doesn't use posts make sure there isn't a bend in it.

6. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    get to a different BIOS version