• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No boot Screen with DVI

de66ka

Hi,
i hope someone can help me with my problem.
I've got an connect3d X1800 XL and BenQ 19" LCD (FP937s) Monitor. I Connected them over DVI.
My Problem is, that the monitor shows me a blank screen (Black screen - NO SIGNAL) from booting up the computer, so I cannot reach my bios. First screen I see, is the "Windows logon".
If i connect them with standard vga cable, all is fine.
Is there a possibility to solve this dvi-problem.
Thanks for help.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
i been wondering the same thing my x850xtpe does the same thing i have to hook up a analog monitor to see the bios boot and the windows xp loading screens only once windows starts do i get picture

ktr

Your video card fails to detect the DVI connection and doesn't bother with the output until Windows forces it with drivers.

Try this...

Open CCC > Digital Panel properties> and check and see if both "DVI Settings" boxes are checked.

de66ka

Thank you for this idea. I've installed latest Catalyst and checked this 2 options but with no effort.The Bootscreen remains "Black".

Jdbody

I had th e same prob...with my 800xl and did it cause some anger management!

Heres what I usaually did---unplugged my power cord_(works sometime)----(Turned off the serge protector unplugged the pc power cord)---------Turned the pc off from the back of the case instead of the front.

Sometimes to no prevail though...my dvi would work when it felt like it :shadedshu

I have yet to have the problem with my 1950----I dont beleive it to be a application option because even the default vga drivers for windows has no problems loading the dvi.....SO one would assume that its either a driver issue with ATI, or hardware issue (power consumption)...goodluck!

Johnny_L

I had the same problem with my old Gygabyte 9000 PRO 2 long time ago and this is what I noticed:

I was using a DVI cable for my monitor (MAG 17" CRT) because this was a good cable (my usual VGA DB15 cable was a chinese one and I was noticing artefacts with it).

If I powered up the PC but not powered up the monitor first my PC booted into windows but I did not had any image on the display.

So I always had to power up first the monitor and after that the PC to obtain image on the screen.

So my guess is that if the video card does not detect any device (monitor) pluged into the DVI output it does not provide output (signal, image) to the DVI output.

Another guess of mine is that if your monitor is in suspend (power safe, no signal) mode, the video card would not detect your monitor on the DVI output of the graphic card.

So I may sugest to try to power up both the PC and the monitor the same time (exact timings of power up you should obtain by testing) and the video card should be able to detect that your monitor is pluged into the DVI output before your monitor enters stand by mode (it would be great if you could program the time before the monitor enters stand by mode).

V

vrm4

I had the same problem w/ my Dell 20.1' LCD and my old EVGA FX 5900se. the problem in this case was the 2 different styles of DVI connectors, vid card (DVI-I) and monitor (DVI-D) I can't remember exactly, but you may want to do some research in that area. Luckily my
x800gto works perfectly w/ the same monitor.