1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No boot with pci after bad flash.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mahogny, Jul 6, 2005.

1. mahogny New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi.
    I have a Club3d x800 pro wich I have flashed 20 times before. sometimes with "black screen" as an result. But I have always managed to reflash it using a pci card.

but not THIS time. The system simply won´t with the agp card in. Just black screen.

I have tryed a method mentioned in this forum, where you turn the pc on and wait about 4 second and the plug in the agp card but with no luck.

does any1 have an idea about what to do ? or maybe experience on this matter ?

I have a MSI nforce 2 mobo. and if any1 know how to bypass the agp check during boot pls let me know.

What to do ?

Best regards Thomas
  2. bishop40k Staff

Thanks Received:
    I can honestly say I had the same problem with a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO, I tried it in numberous mobos, all with the same thing. Between w1zzard and myself we pretty much said 'screw it' and announced the Time of Death. Last week I sent it back to Newegg for a repair/replacement.

So the only thing I can tell you is try it in another mobo with PCI card and see if you can reflash it, if not, it may just as well be called dead.
  3. Don__1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does your PC boot, beep an error and then proceed to boot from a floppy drive? Even if you can't see anything ?
  4. mahogny New Member

Thanks Received:
    No it just hangs. No signal to the monitor.
  5. Don__1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    But does it ?

Just because you can't see anything doesn't mean it's not doing something.
    Can you just try to turn it on.
    What happens, does it beep at all?
    Does it attempt to access the floppy drive ?
  6. mahogny New Member

Thanks Received:
    No it does not complete the boot sequense. It stops and does not get to booting from any drive.

So "blind flashing" is NOT an option.

It seems like the systems halts as soon as it scans the card in the AGP port.

But I have heard of people "inserting" the card during startup and thereby being able to flash it, but i cant.
  7. Don__1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mmmmm, bugger.

In the same situation here, my PC will continue the boot sequence and boot from the floppy.
    I would NEVER plug my AGP video card into a system that was already running ! :eek:
  8. SPHERE New Member

Thanks Received:
    tried reseting the cemos it may still be tryin to boot from the agp :)
  9. bishop40k Staff

Thanks Received:
    Since you said you're using an MSI mobo, I'm guessing you have the MSI D-Bracket, it should have 2x USB ports on it and 4x led lights, look thru your users manual for the mobo for instructions on how to use it and post which sequence of lights and/or what part it hangs on. If it's CPU initilization then the card is more than likely dead as mine was. I even tried to let the system boot to after RAM test to drop the agp card in (bad idea I know, but if it was dead I didn't care) and it just kicked signal to monitor off.