1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Fan Control or Temp Readings 7950

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by PetmyGoat, Feb 26, 2014.

1. PetmyGoat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I have a Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L that was working fine until the other day. Now, in GPUz, CCC, Trixx, and any other program I try, I get a reading of 0 degrees C from the GPU, and the fan stays at 20%. I discovered this yesterday while playing Far Cry 3, my card was literally BAKING itself, as it was running at 1150/1550 @ 1.25v with the fans stuck at 20%. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Catalyst 14.2, to no avail. Also, flipping between BIOS's dosent help.

Is there anything left to try?

Thanks,
    Goat

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

test the vga card in another system if possible *If same issue

*return the vga card to the e-tailor/retailer and or raise an RMA with the manufaturer of the vga card and explain issue.
    [*If the vga card is still under warranty]

Edit: out of interest did try manual fan settings in Catalyst Control Center; any use?

atb

Law-II

3. PetmyGoat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, I don't have another system to try, but I just did try moving it to the second PCI slot, to no avail. I did try the manual fan setting in CCC, it shows it change, but there is no difference. Trixx and GPUz both show it stays at 20%.

I do have a spare HDD I could throw in and do a fresh install of Windows and CCC, if you think that would help?

The card is 5 months old btw

Law-II says thanks.
  4. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I think this is "clutching at straws" so to speak; as other steps that have been taken have not shown any sign of resolving the issue, if have the time to do so, it may be worth a shot.

Warranty should be good, ask for a replacment card

atb

Law-II

PetmyGoat says thanks.
  5. PetmyGoat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I plan to RMA it, thanks for the help. Ill update the thread with any new info.

6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Good Call; my experience with Sapphire support has been good in the past, hope you get it sorted out :toast:

atb

Law-II