1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No , just don't , just don't please!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by RuskiSnajper, Jan 6, 2011.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    No , just don't , just don't please! (Updated 1#)

I couldn't resist to not post this , and wherever but the friends at tpu.

Topic (picture only)

[​IMG]

A question:

Me replying:

OP's reply:

I might be some flaim bait since i had the attitude but i wasn't particularly against him , it was more general comment , but his reaction is lol.

Im not even sure where to start , but here it goes.

- 32 GB SDRAM - LMFAO *
    - up to 2.9 GHZ - WOoooW! ***
    - 12 cores is 6 virtual and 6 physical ** (Intel HyperThreading - virtual cores don't really perform the same like real cores)
    - - Hardware is the same as in desktop PCs , not server EATX anyways.
    - - guess the guy probably was a noob for 15 years
    - - He thinks it runs fine , of course you only have 10%(hehe i thought that percent up my self :p) of capability what windows can do and what you can do on windows combined, everything is locked out , there's no register nor any "advanced settings", it's really simple and no complex procedures , of course it's easy to fix and make it bug free , but not nearly as fast.

* i can get you a better custom system for 1200 EUR with proper settings , which plays any game you want, (PC case and it's parts only) - and you only need 6 GB RAM and play games without pagefile , even 4 GB without pagefile if you don't play the beefiest games.

** Most games don't support more than 2 cores anyways.

*** I had like 3.0 GHZ up from 2.5 with stock voltage(like a little 0.05 up) (500+ on Q9300 , considered as safest ever) that was my first "serious/modern" overclock , on the other hand , GHZ numbers stopped being important ages ago , it's all about the tech , nm , and design.

PC to Mac games generally perform bad (well that's the job of the porting) , just look at SC2 MAC version.

I mean , i really don't need to be checking mac stuff every day/week/month to be "familiar" with apples products , because it's generally those that have no idea about anything else, a quick check on official site you already see the picture half of the claimed stuff is not true , come on , that's just waste of my time posting here but i had to.

No asspick answers , please honest evaluation.

Self ignorance (sort of, proper phrase?)
    Before - Windows just needs the user to be a pro , and mostly the whole system stability, operability , effectivness , management relies on the competence of the user.
    After - Trust me, I had a few PCs and none of them did run as smoothly as my iMac

Before - because it's locked out system , and you can do only the stuff the Apple company allows you to.
    After - I haven't had a single problem with my Mac in three years.

i really feel werid , he seem to be totally contradicting , like replying to my answer in reverse.

What is a Mac computer:

It's an OEM PC exclusively assembled , customized and published/sold by Apple only. Customizations include , monitor screen , mouse , keyboard , casing.
    Along with it , ships a pre-installed Apple's OS.

^^ My own words .... i shouldn't be terribly wrong.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    What a funny guy lol

3. blu3flannel

blu3flannel

Thanks Received:
    This is how I sound when talking to my Mac buddies. Once I whip out the technical side of it they lower their heads and scratch at the ground with their feet. :laugh:

4. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    emmm

Son of a #$%&& mode: ON

A) Not locked out?. "Of course, cause you see, with mac you have only 10% percent of the range of apps available for windows, you cant use most open source software (which are GOOD & FREE)
    B) You cannot have the fun of overclocking (which means having MOAR POWER WITH THE SAME SYSTEM = MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK
    C) Most games don't use more than 2 cores = correct. Mac was designed for photoshop & graphic design, do you do any of that?
    D) SDRAM??? At least you could specify "DDR3 @ 1333 mhz... which is more expensive because you bought it for a Mac system."
    E) Say you are running out of space for your PR0N. You can't add another HDD without Voiding the bloody apple warranty.
    F) Oh just for the record. Have you play Mass Effect, BC2, NFS HP (Or any awesome game for WINDOWS ONLY)

Edit: Also show him the picture of this and ask him if he can order a MAC of the size of a shoe that carries an i7, 8GB of memory and a GTX 460.

Son of a #$%&& mode: OFF

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    wolf and RuskiSnajper say thanks.
  5. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Hehe

Yes overclocking too , there's really to much to recall in one post.

And this actually happened on Kotaku , a thread that's only a picture (hell yeah!:rolleyes:)

6. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    More importantly, how many thousands of dollars would he expect it to cost?

EDIT: Oh, and give him flack about not knowing that the DVD works on both PCs and Macs. I mean, duh, most obvious of all.

LittleLizard says thanks.
  7. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    Why dont you link him to this thread?

8. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Ah, the old mac vs PC debate.

To summarise:
    Your average Mac (i.e. not Mac Pro), has obsolete hardware and costs around three times as much. (Core2 Duo=LOL)
    Absolutely NO expandability.
    Minimal software support. (limited to a few niche genres)
    Anything that can be done on a Mac can be done on a PC for cheaper.
    When your PC crashes, 98% of the time it's due to 3rd party software, drivers or malware. When your Mac crashes, 98% of the time it's Apple's fault.
    When your Mac breaks, you gotta take it to an Apple authorised repair centre who charge a fortune. When your PC breaks, you either fix it yourself or take it to your buddy down the road; or if you really want to, you can hire a professional, usually for cheaper.

'Nuff said.

wolf, blu3flannel, MadClown and 2 others say thanks.
  9. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly what i had in mind , just like moment ago ...

10. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    I have a bad feeling about this

11. Mandown

Mandown New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't tell mac users that macs crash, they'll go catatonic.

12. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Homo pinwheel of DOOM!!!!

13. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I see that both Mac and PC uses still have some strange misconceptions about Mac (especially their hardware).

To save you some trouble when this issue about Portal 2 pops up again....and it will. Portal = Valve Game = requires Steam to install on anything. Note that Mac has had access to Steam for well over a year now. By default any and every game made by Valve will work with both PC and Mac.

Completely Bonkers says thanks.
  14. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    lol I had almost the exact same argument with someone who was on a course with me...

"All businesses use Mac's because they're cheaper and better"

I nearly died from laughter.

15. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Couldn't agree more.
    However, I think the main problem was the guy listed in OP's post was flaming about how
    superior his Mac is to gaming compared to a PC. Macs are better than PCs at somethings, but games
    aren't really Macs forte; which is why this thread has been started...
    ...I think :laugh:

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

wolf says thanks.
  17. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Lmao ahahahahaahah this one made my day. 12 cores at 2,9GHz and 32GB RAM. Sure, that's the usual everyday Joe's Mac setup... :lol:

18. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

19. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally I don't like mac because they are waaay overpriced piece of crap, but for an average user (ie can't fix anything if their wireless mouse runs out of battery), Mac is godsend. Its simple and it works, 2 most important criteria for any user. A "power user" might rant about not able to customise, not enough power blablabla, but for an average user, the need to open the dreaded "control panel" tab automatically causes fits. One of my friends(who is a computer programmer) likes his Samsung Galaxy S, with plenty of firmware updates, different custom firmwares, etc etc etc, told me that he is seriously considering swapping for an iPhone 4 due to its simplicity. Never saw that coming from a linux user, so I am starting to appreciate simplicity is beautiful more.

Kinda like people who goes around saying that a Porsche(or other fast car) is better than a Caterham 7 in a racing track, with Porsche being your typical mac, once you buy it you are ready to go, while in Caterham 7's case you have to build it yourself. But the Caterham will kill the Porsche in any sensible racing track.

20. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Nah, Porsche's are like Dells or HPs. Macs are very expensive bicycles (100% aluminum! LOL).

21. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Dell and HP will be like premade Caterham 7's, but enough of arguing about the analogy, the point is, Mac works whenever and wherever you want it to, and barring some fancy abuse or something like that, they will last problem free (unlike windows, which bluescreens whenever you are not looking at it). Everything an average user uses can be found in a Mac too.

22. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    To those power user I say.....you are weak users. Grow a pair and do some real power user stuff. Mac not customizable....maybe for wannabes.

This guy is a Power User:

http://lifehacker.com/5723778/the-black-and-blue-mac-desktop

23. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    what apple are selling to mac users is the ability to not have to think, to be as mindless as posible when it comes to a personal computer and just enjoy the mac experience. they are selling a state of mind, and a company image.

what surprises me is how freakin well they are doing at it. for mobile devices like phones, mp3 players and teblet PC's I can see the advantage in a single non upgradeable unit. but for a personal PC, value is far and away best had with a PC, considering you can either build it yourself, or even pay someone to and it will be half the cost or less than a similarly specced mac.

hec you could build an EVGA SR2 based PC for less than the cost of a mac pro (if your goal is cores and compute power). chuck in one GTX570 and it will already cream anything a mac can get for gaming. not to mention the PC is upgradeable...

I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it be for now...

24. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:

:D:D:D

[​IMG]

*can't stop laughing*

Do You notice ...

... that his first sentence contradicts the whole reply. :laugh::roll::banghead:

wolf says thanks.
  25. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Ummm, lots of Mac ignorance in here. (Not all of this is aimed at you. Most of it is just speaking in general.)

First off, Mac Pro is a very good value, for an OEM dual cpu workstation. You can't compare a homebuilt gaming rig to an OEM workstation. 2 Completely different markets. Build a dual cpu work station from any other OEM with the same parts, and you spend just as much, or more. Oh, and it's fully upgradable. CPUs, ram, video cards, the works.

Second, iMacs are the only all-in-ones on the market with IPS screens, and with that in mind, are priced exactly as they should be. They also have better graphics card options than most other all-in-ones.

Third, anything you can do on Windows, you can do on OSX. The only thing you are missing is some games. You can even install a few libs, and compile and run nix apps on it. It has just as much available to a power user as Windows. You can dig as deep on it as you can linux or bsd.

Yes, Macs crash, no they aren't the best computer in the world, nor are they magically more reliable than a PC that uses the same exact parts. Yes, they have some overpriced lines, like their laptops. But the fact of the matter is, most base model Macs actually represent a good value for an OEM computer.

Completely Bonkers says thanks.