1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"no signal input" tried a couple things no result... any help ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sando88, Oct 11, 2009.

1. sando88 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi,
    i have a custom built pc built about 3 years ago i have
    main specs :
    1024 MB of ddr400 ram (2x 512mb)
    200 gb hard drive
    128mb leatek nvidia 6600 GT video card
    AMD athlon 3500 CPU GA K8NF mobo

i had my unit play up around a month ago and would not boot up the OS.
    i got my PC checked out and fixed this last friday and was running perfectly.
    i restarted this morning and it came up with mesage.. "NO SIGNAL INPUT" on my monitor every things sounds to be running fine until about 20 seconds or so where it boot up again.
    i've tried a couple ideas from forums so far with the same problem but to no avail i still get the message.
    i've tried removing and putting my memory back in and the same with my video card and cleaned both whilst where out.
    the only other thing i've read is possibly the CMOS (mobo) battery ..
    i have a beginner level of dealing with computers and this is a bit past my knowledge . Any help ??

also just tried switching the 2 merory sticks to different places and just trying one at a time.. also removing the CMOS battery and placing it back.. still no good
  2. messenger77

messenger77

Thanks Received:
    1) Did the onboard speaker beep when starting up,if so, it means RAM may not be the problem 2)did you check the monitor data cable you may connected it upside down 3)
  3. sando88 New Member

Thanks Received:
    dont have speakers hooked up at the minute i will try headphones in a minute and all the cables are connected properly
  4. messenger77

messenger77

Thanks Received:
    I mean the motherboard speaker,it must have its own speaker that beep when u turn on
  5. sando88 New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah it actually doesnt.. im a bit of a noob with inside the pc.. i know a bit but not alot but yeh theres no beep when it turns on
  6. messenger77

messenger77

Thanks Received:
    Make sure RAM was good, installed it on another PC or you can clear the CMOS ( shutdown, unplugged the power cable and loose the battery wait for a minute or two then put it back, turn it on,but do this at your own risk if you are not familiar with it don't do it )
  7. sando88 New Member

Thanks Received:
    apart from trying out the RAM on another unit ive tried it all haha tried the battery, think i will buy a new one just to make sure the one in its not dead. thanks for your advice
  8. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    If you just took it and got it fixed last friday.
    Take it back to them and tell them to fix it right this time.