1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No signal on monitor

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Tazzrin, May 1, 2008.

1. Tazzrin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I could use some help.

I just recently bought a new computer and got it all put together. My problem is that my monitor gets a "No signal" error whenever I boot up the computer. I can't figure out what the problem is. I googled this problem on the internet and found a lot of people with this problem but none of them had these specs and none of them really had an answer that fixed my problem. If anyone could give me some feedback or advice it would be great.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 G 4MB l2 Cache 1066 Mhz FSB

nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

nVidia NForce 680i SLI

2 sticks of 4G Centon DDR2-800 RAM

ASUS Lightscribe 20x DRW-2014L1T

500G Fresh Hard drive

:rockout:

2. Dia01

Dia01 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it booting, can you see the boot screen? Does it lose signal when windows loads? If that's the case, I would assume it will be a driver problem. Try booting into safe mode with networking, download the latest video drivers, remove the old and clean install new. If I'm totally wrong and you can't even see the boot screen, check all connections and maybe try reseating your video card. Good luck.

3. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried resetting CMOS?

Only reason I ask is with every new build close to 99% of all motherboards like a CMOS reset before first power on.

4. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Does the board bleep at all if not check to see if it has a onboard speaker should be a small round black thing if not connect one up to the speaker header pins if you dont get any bleeps its probably the motherboard if you do get bleeps its probably the graphics card make sure its pushed in properly and has power lead connected.

What power supply are you using.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Tazz, what OS are you using?

6. Drauk New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a similiar problem. All the fans turned on (psu, door, etc;) and sounded it was booting up. My problem was when I installed a HDD, I had to remove the GPU, when I placed the GPU back, I press to hard and caused a short, b/c a small piece of metal behind the GPU was touching the case. You can check something similiar to that.

Last edited: May 7, 2008