1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Signal on Screen

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sein, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Sein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello i am new to the forums because i found this website while looking for some answers to my problem. When i'm on my computer playing a game or something, sometimes my screen will go Black and a box will come up and say "No Signal". My progams that i was running before the screen goes black will crash.(i know because i will be playing music and when my screen goes black it will stop playing). I have to hold my reset button on my computer to get it to come back up. It didnt bother me at first but now it is happening alot more lately. I don't know what it could be, so if any answers would help, and if it is a download like a driver please give me a link, i think it might be my video card but im not sure,

this is my vid card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

thanks in advance,
    Jake.

2. ATIonion New Member

Thanks Received:
    On this TPU site goto -quick links - user control panel - edit system specs and fill that in best you can...it would help us help you better...

could be many things...but first thing that pops into my mind is the PSU..but lets get your system specs so we can see further...

3. Sein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where can i find all those system specs? im not very good with computers lol. thanks

4. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You could start by downloading CPU-Z. It'll tell you a lot. If you don't know what everything means, load the program go to the about tab -> click html dump -> Save the file -> then upload the file to the thread.

Is this a manufacturer computer, like a DELL? Did you put the 7800GT in yourself? Perhaps it's to much for your power supply. It sounds like a power supply issue more than anything to me at the moment.

5. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    r u doing anything that changes the resolution of the picture (on your monitor)

6. Sein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  7. Sein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone please i need help badly?

Edit: I ve been told that a 7800GT needs like 650 Watts to perform on top, and i just looked at my power supply box and it said it gives out 450 Watts, is this why my comp is messing up?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  8. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Very possible if you are overrunning your psu... Does it ever post, can you check your voltages with a meter?