• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

" No Signal " problem with X1900 GT

Biggy1337

Hey, I am new to these forums and I just signed up to see if you guys could help me out with a problem I've been having. You seem to be able to solve a lot of problems so lets see if anyone of you guys can help me with mine. I am not the brightest with computers though I know my way around them good enough to build them. So if its possible try not to use to many big words :D

About a month ago I swapped out my X1650 Pro for my Radon Sapphire X1900 GT. Ever since I did this, when I reboot my computer my monitor will get " No Signal ". The only way to get a signal again is to wait 3 or more hours.( Note it doesn't even show the bios ) Then it will work just fine again. This is what really confuses me. I have tried many things and so far nothing has worked. Hopefully you can give me some ideas to fix it other than buying something new because I am low on cash.

Somethings I tried to fix it that hasn't worked:

- First I thought it was drivers so I uninstalled all my drivers, used driver cleaners, and etc. With all my drivers gone I was still having the problem so I believe it wasn't drivers.
- Second I thought it might be something on the hard drive, so i completely unplugged the hard drive and i still can't get to the bios and no picture shows up.
- Third I thought it might be the monitor, so i tried my old CRT and I still didn't get a picture.
- Forth I thought maybe I don't have enough power (wattage wise), I tried unplugging everything except the ram, video card, processor, still no picture. *note the video card fan works, all the computer fans work, the LEDS, and everything seems to be getting power. I have a 500 WATT power supply.
- Fifth I thought the video card might be overheating, that would explain why I have to wait for 3+ hours before I can get a signal again. Though i checked the temp and it was about 50C warm but not burning, and I felt the video card to, to make sure there was no hot spots. None. *note I can use the computer for hours and hours of gaming with no problems or crashes. Just once i restart it won't turn back on for a couple hours.
-Sixth I thought there might be something wrong with the video card, I tried it with another computer and everything works fine on that computer. It even has a weaker power supply 450 WATT.
-Finally I thought it might not be compatible with my motherboard m2r32MVP. I looked around and saw other people using the video card with it just fine. Also, I thought i just try and update the bios and chipset though i am a noob and i am not positive how to do it. I heard you can really screw over your computer by messing with it though so i figured to leave it alone for now i don't want anymore problems.

I am really confused and sick of this problem. If anyone could give me some advice on what I should try next, or what I could do to fix my problem I would be very grateful.

Thanks

- I tried clearing CMOS, and tried to drain the capacitors and remove the battery. Still no luck.

- I also tried different RAM in my computer and still no luck.
- I am 100% sure it is not drivers related.
- My graphics card takes 25AMPS my power supply has 29 AMPS to give out. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052 )

Last edited:

CH@NO

System Name Thank God you're back!!!
Processor Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.1GHz (stock)
Motherboard ECS H67H2-M3
Cooling Stock + 1 X 80mm Thermaltake red LED
Memory 1 X 4 GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) coming soon
Storage 1TB Seagate SATAII + 500GB Hitachi USB (External)
Display(s) Samsung 20" LED Widescreen
Case coming soon
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek HD 6ch Audio
Power Supply Generic 450W with 20A on the 12v+ rail
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores coming soon
seems that you didn't try to clear the CMOS, unplug the power cord, press the power button of your case to drain the capacitors, remove the battery of your mobo, wait 10 mins and plug it again.

your temps are allright, 50C at idle is acceptable to that card.

could be a power issue though....what brand is your PSU, also having 500W didn't say so much, the crucial thing is the amps running through the 12V+ rail, that X1900GT uses about 22amps if I recall right.

Namslas90

I am using a Thermaltake purepower 500WATT power supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052 Does that have enough AMPS you think? It has dual 12V+ rails.

I am going to try and clear CMOS, and try to drain the capacitors and remove the battery right now.

Cutting it close on the amps/rail for that card, the 1900's are power hungry.

Does your BIOS have a setting for selecting the Graphics adapter, if so set it to the proper slot for your GPU.

Also be sure to remove the ATI drivers properly, and reinstall them. Might even have better luck using an older driver.
:toast:

Biggy1337

I have tried everything that I can think of, plus all of your guys ideas.

Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Biggy1337

I've been through all of the bios like twelve times. I have checked everything and made sure it was set correctly. ( At least to my knowledge ). And this sucks because I can't even get to my bios until my monitor gets a signal, and I have to wait 3+ hours each time before it does get a signal. Then everything works fine, but once i restart or power off, and try turning it back on, I won't get a signal unless I leave my computer off for 3 or more hours. Then I turn it on again and everything works fine.

I wonder why the computer has to wait 3 hours before it gets a signal again?

Biggy1337

Note * I can put my and monitor into sleep, and my computer will start up just fine. It's just restarting and turning off and on my computer when it messes up. Also, putting my computer into sleep messes it up. I have to wait 3 hours when i put it into sleep to.

Last edited:

Biggy1337

Alright, I figured out that I get 1 long beep, 3 short beeps, and then another short beep a second later. I heard this means a memory error or video card error but I am not positive. I tried different memory and I am still having the problem.

Last edited:

Shivansps

I own a Sapphire X1950GT AGP and i have exactly this problem... this card has own life... it does boot when it want, when boot it will work just fine until you reboot and them, will not boot again until... well god knows when... There seems to be no damage to hardware, or bios... so im not a minimum idea of what problem it has.

What i could tell, is the video card fan speed control, when i power up the pc, the fan goes to 100%... if the card does not boot it does keep at 100%, when it boot, it does spin down to ajust to the card temp.

I can also confim is not a MB or power supply problem. Is a old card, and i consider it long dead, i was about to write to sapphire to see if someone could give me a hint... but i dont think they will care much.