1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Signal to Monitor

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by albos, Jun 17, 2009.

1. albos New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't know if this is the right thread but here we go .. Don't know much about copmuters but my keyboard fell on the back of PC where the cables are stuck in .. and than PC froze the screen i thought to switch it off and when i turn it back on now there is no signal to monitor ..i unplugged all the cables put them back again still no feed to the monitor, dunno what happend when the keybord fell from the table but i can see the pc works and fan too
    any help soon as you can please , thnx
  2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    First of all, if you have a moment put your system specs in your profile in UserCP. That will make it easier for all of us to help you now and in the future if you have other issues :toast:

When you boot the computer, does it beep at you? It could be that the keyboard is no longer being seen and will not go beyond that point. It could also be that when the KB fell that it damaged another cable.
  3. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Check all the wires again, when your keyboard fell where all the wires were plugged into the computer, it may have bent a few pins (my best guess). Check the cable that leads from your monitor to your graphics card to see if there is any damage.
    edit: Sorry Kreij, I basically re-iterated what you said without even knowing it :)
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  4. paroh New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please mention whether ur board is using graphic card or onboard graphic card.

If using Graphic card remove it and attach the monitor cable to onboard graphic card
  5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    You probably bumped the video card out of it's socket - crack open the case and re-seat it. Assume you checked the cables first?