1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Sound In Front Panel Audio & Mic

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by happy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    My Specs:
    Case
    Mobo
    So I can't get any sound out through the front panel of my case. I believe it is AC'97. The mobo I have has HD or 5.1 for the front panel connector, So I used that connection, but I still can't hear anything out through the front panel. Am I suppose to plug the front panel somewhere else?

2. Lazzer408

Lazzer408

Thanks Received:
    Should have an option in the bios to switch between hd and ac97.

3. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    In the bios, it only has the option to enable and disable azalia audio chip.

4. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    is there a software download by any chance? just a suggestion as i have a realtek onboard audio and had a similar problem, it was resolved by downloading a software suite that allowed me to control jack detection e.t.c i had the option to enable or disable the front panel along with switching to digital or analog outputs, or have you plugged the ac97 plug into the hd mobo header instead of the hd plug or vice versa

5. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    are you in the white plug on the motherboard?(very back bottom),Also did you use the cable that says Audio on it?from the case,it is easy to plug the usb one in and think it is the right one.

6. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    make sure you use the part of the audio cable that says hd audio and not ac97

7. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I updated the the audio driver for my mobo just last week, so it should be the latest driver. I don't see of any software download. The case I have does not have the HD audio cable, only AC'97. The problem is that when I plug anything into the front panel, nothing happens, even the realtek app does not detect anything being plugged in. It only detects the rear plugs.

8. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I finally found the motherboard manual and it states as you exactly said; however not only did I have to disable the front panel analog, I had to also disable the simultaneou pass-through for the rear port. Funny thing is that after I checked both of the boxes rather than the one, I can finally hear from both the rear as well as the front.