1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No temperature monitoring on X800

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by Polaris573, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    ATI tool doesn't display the temperature for my Abit X800-guru. There is no fan control either. Is there anything I can do?
  2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    yeah, see if anyone will give you a copy of sapphire trixx :p. jk, look into the VGA drivers that came with the CD/go to ABIT, NOT ATI for drivers. I think that there might be something hidden thats driver-unlocked. If not, then you merely have a card without temp/fan monitoring/control.
  3. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    No it has temperature monitoring and fan control. I can see it in OC guru, I just like ATItool a little bit more. ;)
    Abit doesn't have drivers for their video cards posted on the site, and I'm sure the drivers on the CD are rather outdated. I have no choice but to get them from ATI :ohwell:
  4. chk New Member

Thanks Received:
    Getting TRIXX might not be able to help.

After flashing a new GPU-BIOS, ATITools cannot detect the temp and fan data any more, although TRIXX can.

So when ATITool does not monitor or control them, it does only mean that that tool does not know how to find them (however it searches for them...) - it does not mean it's not there. And reading the entries here, unfortunately it seems rather normal that ATITool does not detect the monitoring chip, although it is present. It seems to rely on the BIOS, which is misinterpreted (or ATITools wrongly guesses undocumented settings).

Still, as I have not yet seen more information from the developer, these all are just guesses.

Does anyone know the reason why the ATITool driver installs as network device?

Christian