1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No virtual disk... should I care?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by DannyC, Aug 14, 2012.

1. DannyC New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi
    So I recently had a SSD installed. Now when the computer boots up I get a Marvell bios adapter screen page for about 2 seconds with a ‘No Virtual Disk!’ warning on it. Is this something I should be addressing?

Thanks

Dan

My setup is:
    i7 950 (bloomfield)
    Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
    ATI Radeon 5700 series
    Western Digital 1TB HDD
    Intel 120 GB 520 series SSD
    24 GB Kingston RAM
    Cooler master 650W PSU
    Win 7 (64 bit)

2. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    My guess is that the SSD replaced a RAID array on the Marvell controller? It's looking for the disks that made up the array (virtual disk), but they are no longer installed.

In short, it's not hurting anything other than your boot times. If you wish to fix it, your manual should have information on it: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/P6X58DE

Or wait for someone with experience with that particular controller.

3. DannyC New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Jizzler

I didn't have RAID installed before. When I got the machine back from the shop, the SSD wasn't properly installed and I was getting a 'device not recognised' in the Device Manager... I searched for the driver, it installed RAID, the SSD started working properly but I get the annoying message at log on.

I've had a look in BIOS, per the manual and can't see what the problem is, and I'm a little out of my depth, so rather than risk a stuff up, I'm willing to put up with the message and the slight delay if there is no harm being done.

Thanks for the advice.

DannyC

4. ltanken New Member

Thanks Received:
    idn't have RAID installed before. When I got the machine back from the shop, the SSD wasn't properly installed and I was getting a 'device not recognised' in the Device Manager... I searched for the driver, it installed RAID, the SSD started working properly but I get the annoying message at log on.

I've had a look in BIOS, per the manual and