• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noctua NH-L9x65

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
I test the coolers as provided. Extra fans means I would need to start testing all other coolers with other fans to make things fair. That would make the workload per review ridiculous and I won't be making that change.

I agree with you, I think I was not clear in my reply. What I intended to say is that the x65 would be better pitched against low profile coolers, better yet if you could include in the results the NH-L9(i) results so we can see how these compact solutions from Noctua are evolving, also comparing than against Intel stock cooler.

The thing about the fan, I said it because I also like the SilentPc reviews, they test coolers as they are provided but also with a fan that they choose as reference for acoustics x cooling performance trade off (they focus are on silent computing, as the name suggests...). Every 6 months (I think), they elect this reference fan in all sizes (from 80mm fans all the way up).

Anyway, I like your review, I just wanted to raise some points and also give some suggestions.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
The suggestions are noted and i would love to implement them it just won't happen do to time constraints.

Reviews already take around 10 hours start to finish adding extra fans would push that close to 16 hours with a real job etc I do not have the time to commit to adding more to the reviews.