1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noctua Presents NH-C14 Premium Cooler

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Nov 23, 2010.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Noctua today officially introduced its new NH-C14 CPU cooler. Sporting an exquisite, uniquely flexible 140mm dual fan setup of two Noctua NF-P14, the NH-C14 is a highly customisable, premium-class top-flow solution that further boosts the renowned quiet cooling performance of the company's much acclaimed NH-C12 series.

"Our NH-C12 coolers are renowned to rank among the most capable top-flow cooling solutions on the market, so we're truly proud to offer a further substantial improvement in quiet cooling performance with the new NH-C14", says Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "This model really closes the gap to good tower coolers while being much lower in height and ensuring better component cooling."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The NH-C14's six heatpipe c-type design with two NF-P14 FLX 140mm fans brings top-flow cooling performance to a new level while maintaining a much lower profile than today's tower-style coolers and providing excellent airflow over RAM modules and near-socket mainboard components.

The two supplied NF-P14 premium fans can be installed on top and underneath the fin-stack to configure the cooler for maximum performance in dual fan mode and either lower profile or maximum component clearance in single fan modes. Run with a single NF-P14 fan underneath the fin-stack and with the top fan removed, the NH-C14 measures only 105mm in height, which makes it ideal for use in smaller enclosures and HTPC applications. Run with a single fan on top, the NH-C14 provides a full 65mm of clearance for chipset coolers or RAM modules with high heat-spreaders.

Topped off with a tube of Noctua's award-winning NT-H1 thermal compound, Low-Noise and Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptors (U.L.N.A.) as well as the professional SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system (LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775, AM2, AM2+ and AM3), the NH-C14 forms a complete quality package for the highest demands.

[​IMG]

Price and availability
    The NH-D14 will be available in early December at a recommended retail price of EUR 74.90 / USD 84.90. For more information, visit the product page.

2. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Seems to be less bulky than the D version, at least judging by the pics.

Is it a typo?

Cause the D is and was available since ages! :laugh:

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    WOW that's not a CPU cooler it's a spaceship with a landing platform...

4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    With the price of some of these air coolers, would almost seem more economical to go water cooling. Looks good though, especially with two of those fans :D

5. Yellow&Nerdy?

Yellow&Nerdy?

Thanks Received:
    Seems pretty nice, although I'm not thrilled about the fact that top CPU-coolers are getting more and more expensive. Even a simple custom water loop will easily cost 200+ euros and would have to be assembled and maintained, so air is still a lot cheaper and easier. Still, I would prefer that a heatsink, no matter how well engineered it is, to not cost more than a 100 bucks.

6. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    The perfect match for the ASUS TUF Sabertooth P67, for those that don't know it has a plastic shroud to direct airflow over the board as shown here

[​IMG]

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  7. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like a perfect cooler for Lian Li v35x cases.

8. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like this design should do a good job at cooling in general, since it will get that extra heat away from mobo being its bottom fan sitting so close to it

9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Lian Li v3xx cases are rarely used for extreme overclocking (but I know crazy people who DO :) ) . As much as I like this Noctua I am not changing my stock cooler in my V300, I don't hear it. :)

10. naram-sin

naram-sin New Member

Thanks Received:
    This... is... AWESOME!!! But price? Ouch!!! Anyone need a (pretty) healthy kidney? :D

11. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    for 75-80 UER i with is equvalent to 130-140 us i could buy a corsair h50 or h70 and i would guarentee cool better then that thing, that is a absolutly rediclous price and i would not pay it.

12. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    I agree with Marineborn, makers of these high-end air coolers need to assess their prices. The h-50 & h-70 provide at least as good cooling for about the same price yet they're less obtrusive than strapping a whopping great hunk of steel over the motherboard.

Looks nice though.

13. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    That cooler is way too expensive, as thermalright and Asus have such heatsinks as well (with the fact that those only support 1 fan on top of it as the only major difference) and those cost less than half the price of this Noctua.

I can imagine that for Intel users, it may be a bad idea as they don´t have backplates behind their CPU´s. Motherboards for AMD users shouldn´t bend.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Initialised

Thanks Received:
    Would it fit in an SG-07?