1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Non-responsive keyboard/mouse and general freezing.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FAXA, Dec 30, 2008.

1. FAXA New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Yesterday evening, my mouse and keyboard started to be non responsive. I would be in the middle of writing a sentence, but all of a sudden my keyboard and mouse would stop working, then about 10 seconds later start up again. It wasn't a total system freeze, because chat messages would still appear on MSN, and everything would still move about on screen when i was playing a game. This happened on and off for about 1 hour, until I couldn't get the keyboard or mouse to work at all.

I booted my PC this morning, but my keyboard and mouse still failed to work. It would boot into Vista and XP fine (im dual booting), but they still wouldn't work - even before i could get into Windows. I reset cmos, I tried switching out the RAM but nothing seems to work, and the problem seems to be getting worse.

About 5 mins ago, I tried to boot into XP, but my whole system froze, and my motherboard let out a faint single beep. When I boot up, I get a single beep telling me that all (should be) fine.

Anyone ever had this problem? or anyone know how to fix it?

(Btw, I have tried different keyboards and mice, and I've tried plugging the USB ones in different sockets, but it didn't make a difference.)

Thanks

FAXA.

2. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    Could be usb port failure. Try your devices in a different computer to see if they still work

3. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Have you had trouble with any other usb devices?

Have you checked device manager to see if there are any troubles there?

You might want to uninstall your usb devices under device manager and let it re-discover them.
    And, check for viruses, just in case.

4. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    try restart your and load bios default