1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noob Question

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by TheDreadPirate, Jun 21, 2007.

1. TheDreadPirate New Member

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded ati tools today and I like it, but it's pretty obvious that I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm coming here for help.

I've no desire to overclock my comp, it has enough trouble at normals speeds, so all I wanted to do was check temps and things like that because my computer has had overheating problems in the past. I have a Radeon 9800 pro. Here are my questions:

If I scan for artifacts, after about three minutes my computer starts beeping at me and I get yellow lines all across the the 3D view. This is bad, obviously, but what does in mean?

Second, if I try to test max core, it just crashes. This is also bad. What does it mean?

Thanks, and sorry in advance for my noobery.

2. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is probably because of the heat. Try better cooling and if your card/processor is already overclocked try lowering their speed

3. TheDreadPirate New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I took your advice before you even gave it and cleaned out my computer case a lot more thoroughly, and it solved my problem.

Now I'm really a noob.

4. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    We were everybody noobs when we started.

I'm happy that you solved your problem

5. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hahah, I was an uber noob and asked all kinds of questions... I started out with a 9800pro in my first gaming machine.

6. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    In my first gaming machine lots of years ago I started with a Riva TNT2 Pro:rolleyes: