1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Northbridge Heatsink fell off.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by V lyx, Aug 8, 2007.

1. V lyx New Member

Thanks Received:
    So a couple of days ago my friend wanted to buy a new mobo since he didn't like his. He wanted to know of a good one around $100 so I recommended the gigabyte p35-ds3r. Well yesterday after getting it delivered to his house from ups he opened up the box and discovered that one of the plastic clips holding the northbridge heatsink on broke. It also bent one of the capacitors while in transit but only a little bit.

So what he wants to know is if there's any place that sell's the plastic clip or anything that can replace it? Btw I told him to just RMA it but he said that he wants to try to fix it first and test it out,heh:ohwell:.
  2. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Any pictures? I'm assuming plastic clip means the plastic push-pin?
    And yes, you can buy those, but for that specific size, I'd imagine either measure it and get lucky at a hardware store, or go through a computer retailer; most likely online.
    V lyx says thanks.
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Tell him that trying to fix it himself may void the warranty on the mobo. Tell him to demand a new one and not be an idiot.
    V lyx says thanks.
  4. V lyx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hardware store as in bestbuy type of store?

@Erocker you mean RMA? I tryed, won't do it till he trys to fix it his self. He orderd it from newegg so don't know if it voids it or not.
  5. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    it will deffinitly void it.

broke in transit=instant rma.
  6. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    RMA newegg has a good policy. Hopefully they'll cross ship another board.
  7. V lyx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Talked to him today and he said that he called them yesterday and the CSR told him to just order another and they'll give him free overnight shipping and a rma # later. He did it, and I told him to do this two days ago :shadedshu.