• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Northeast (US) LN2 party!

Hi Folks!

Thinking it's about time for a nice Northeast LN2 get-together/party and you're all invited!!

The event should be lots of fun! Meet old and new friends, put faces to the nicks, learn from those with more experience (have people to share the misery if you blow something up), bench like crazy and, am sure, down at least a couple beers together. Everyone from monster benchers to noobs, vendors and just regular folks curious about this hobby of ours' are welcome.

Most specifics are still TBD but wanted to float the thought with plenty of advance notice. Once we have an idea of how many people might be interested in attending, we'll start researching, identify venues/hotels (with plenty of power for our needs), arrange for plenty of LN2 to go around and determine actual costs.

We're also seeking vendors to come and demo their latest and greatest products as well as any potential sponsors. If any of you have contacts and be willing to try to get them on-board, that'd be awesome.

When: July 23, 24 (preferred) or September 24, 25 (backup).

Where: Harrisburg, PA area

If you're interested, please take the poll in the main thread at forum.hwbot (http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=154238) and/or reply in this thread. Will keep you updated on any details or related info as things progress.

The more the merrier ihmo so hopefully we can get a good crowd together. If you have any questions or thoughts, please don't hesitate to post here or reach out to me directly at scbesterman@NOSPAMhotmail.com.

Look forward to seeing you all there and stay tuned for updates!!!!

Very kind regards,
-Stefan

PS- Apologies if this is in the wrong place..feel free to move as needed :/

I have relatives in Hazelton, wonder if that is close, i'll have to see, but would love to learn and play,....

Hey SystemViper!

You should come man! Everyone's welcome! Google says it's about an hour and a 1/2 drive. Starting to get pm's from some real cool folks on this. There will be quite a number of pretty excellent benchers there. Good opportunity to run cold with lots of helpful people around to assist, etc. It's a 'bring your own cooling stuff' kind of thing but there should be plenty of extra pots and stuff around for people who want that first cold run. Just bring 1-2 boards, cpus, ram, etc (it's always good to have an extra setup in case something gets killed or drenched, particularly for day 2 benching).

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Dang bro, wish I was closer to that area!!! I'd be there just for the fun and meeting YOU! :respect:

Hey stinger!!! It would be awesome indeed to finally meet you! Still plenty of time between now and then so maybe, possibly? hehe But yeah...it'd be a bit of a hike for you :/

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Wish I was in the area have a couple ln2 pots and a 2p setup that needs some love

hiya cdawall! Wish you could make it, too! Imho...the more the merrier for these kind of things!

Ummmm....if your pots are just sitting idle...we're going to try to have extra cooling hardware around to lend to folks who have a rig, no pot but want their first ln2 experience. I know you don't know me from Adam so to speak but I've been around for a while (my heat's here btw) and I'd give you my word that you'd get your pots back. If you don't, it's definitely all good and I certainly understand (never hurts to ask, though hehe).
-Stefan

I remember about 5 years ago, Binge came to Newtown and we did some overclocking, We ran some dice and had a great time.
It was a learning experience for both of us plus we just hung our and chilled, mucho fun!
It's always cool to get like minded people together and pump up the volts. Prob the best way to learn tooo.
there are just so many tricks that can help you grow your knowledge and build some excellent relationships,. Maybe it can be the start of East Coast TPU overclocking team.
Or just revive the TPU team again.....

Last edited:
You've got a ton of members here, you should definitely get a TPU benching team together!!!

Agreed...going to one of these things is a huge learning experience! Got my first ln2 session at a party last year and haven't looked back.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I'll have to dig them out of storage so we will see if I have time lol

The poll has now been reset. Please check your calendars (and with your SO's hehe) and cast your votes at the main hwbot thread ! :) Apologies to anyone who already voted...couldn't see any other way to get it right without the reset. :/

We'll see how it goes but we really need to get this figured out fairly soon so, we'll need to start thinking about setting a deadline (maybe 4/15-ish?). We'll play it by ear for a couple weeks and see where we are at that point.

Also...it'd be great to have extra pots to lend beginners. If anyone has extras they could bring, that'd be excellent. Please let me know in the main thread and I'll put updates in the OP.

Getting a little excited! Pretty sure we'll have an excellent time. ;)

Tia for votes, ideas, etc!!!
-Stefan

Humble apologies folks. The moderators couldn't get the poll working properly so the thread's been deleted and a new one (with the proper poll) added. All the votes have been completely wiped out so need everyone to check their calendars and cast their votes.

The new 'main' hwbot thread is here: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=154838

tia!!!

Getting there...something will definitely be happening :)

If you think you might be able to make it to the party, please cast your vote in the hwbot thread. Also...anything ya'll could do to help get people (attendees, vendors, whatever) interested would be awesome!

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Too far for me.....:(

3419.11 miles

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
The "pond" would surely feel like an ocean of LN2.

Not in !!!!!

System Name The wifes worst enemy
Processor i5-9600k
Motherboard Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4
Cooling water
Memory 16gb G.skill ripjaw DDR4 2400 4X4GB 15-15-15-35-2T
Video Card(s) Asrock 5600xt phantom gaming 6gb 14gb/s
Storage crucial M500 120GB SSD, Pny 256GB SSD, seagate 750GB, seagate 2TB HDD, WD blue 1TB 2.5" HDD
Display(s) 27 inch samsung @ 1080p but capable of much more ;)
Case Corsair AIR 540 Cube Mid tower
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA GQ1000W MODULAR
Mouse generic for now
Keyboard generic for now
Software gotta love steam, origin etc etc
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/philbrown_23/
damn I thought you meant like high north east. im in vermont, would be interesting to do this up my way if there were more tpu'ers up in the vt nh area. got a DICE supplier 2 minute walk from my house

Yeah...I know that, unfortunately, this can't work out for a lot of folks. :/

That said, would be great to roust any stragglers and get everyone to vote anyway. :)

There will be at least some loaner pots available so anyone who wants to try can give it a go in the company of folks who can help out.

Last edited:
Hiya folks!!!

We're on! Based on poll results to date and pm's with various folks, we're looking at roughly 25 attendees on July 23rd-24th.

Next steps are to get the venue and ln2 arrangements made. On the venue...Lochekey and aerotracks have said they'd help so if you guys could coordinate with each other, that'd be great. Figure Witchdoctor and hotrod might also be able to check places as this is in their neighborhood?

Hoping for someplace decent but kinda cheap and think the expandable/sectional room idea is great. If we manage to get more people, we can just add some space. Power and air conditioning (and dehumidification?) are super key. I'm clueless on those fronts so hoping someone can vet that out for us. We'll want to make sure they'll give us a nice discount on rooms and stuff, too. If you guys find 1-2 places that would work for us, I have no problem making the phone calls, trying to work the best deal for us and getting it booked.

Then there's the ln2. Figure 60-75L/person should be plenty. If anyone has a great contact at a local distributor, it'd be great if you could start checking with them for estimates (including gas, delivery, tank rental, price matching, etc). Couple of benchers have reached out to me with pricing around $0.38/L so I'll chase up with them for contacts, account numbers, copies of receipts, etc. Will also speak with the guys I get mine from to see if there's anything they could do with the praxair in the Harrisburg area and start trying to get that locked in.

Next is the loaner pool for people interested in trying ln2 but who don't have equipment. If anyone has extra stuff they could bring, please let me know and we can start keeping a list.

Finally (at least of what I can think of atm) is the matter of vendors and sponsors. A couple guys have said they'll be able to bring some hardware and another has said that once we have a total estimate (venue plus ln2), they will speak with their rep and see how much they might be able to help offset some of the costs. There's been a suggestion that since having sponsors can be a double-edged sword (having to stream video, results, etc) that we're better just doing everything on our own. As I've never had any experience getting an event together (or dealing with sponsors, vendors, etc)...am very open to everyone's thoughts on this topic!

So...that's where we are atm. Again...any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or assistance with any aspect of the event planning or execution would be hugely appreciated!

Getting excited now and look forward to meeting everyone there/then!!!!
-Stefan

Booked our venue yesterday so we are definitely on for that weekend in July! We also have our ln2 supplier arranged. We may also have a sponsor or two willing to participate.

Once we have the formal quote for the ln2, will relay all costs to the fine bencher who has kindly offered to try to get his sponsor(s) behind us. Once we know the full details of their support (if any), we will then be able to figure out total costs and attendee charges.

If any of you have other potential sponsors who might be interested in supporting the event via helping out with the costs, providing stuff for giveaways or anything else, that would be awesome and very much appreciated by all.

Once we know the full story will create a formal sign-up thread. Hoping to have that done by the end of next week (or so).

Getting there!! Stay tuned!!!

Happy Friday folks!

Sign ups are rolling nicely now! Just wanted to reach out to request that any of you who are coming, please sign up in the main hwbot thread. If possible, would like to have a good idea of the total number of folks so we can plan accordingly.

I know it's still a couple months out but the sooner we know, the better.

PS- Did I mention that this is a free event? hehe

Hi Folks!!

Been busy with work but with less than a month to go, wanted to provide an update and see if, collectively, we can get some more sign-ups and other folks involved in our get together.

We're all set with the venue booking. Just need to get some electrical questions answered and get someone to stop by the venue to check the room and let them know how the tables should be arranged. If one of you lives nearby and could handle that side of the equation, please let me know. Other than that, we could probably use more extension cords, etc..

On the loaner pool front...I picked up 5 keyboard/mouse combos so those will be available on a first come, first served basis. The kind folks at HWBOT (thank you Massman!) have promised to have a 6950x available for loan during the event. Whoever borrows it will only be allowed to use if for 3d benches but it'll be awesome to get to take this thing for a spin. Anyone else have stuff they'd be willing to lend?

Turn n' Burn will be bringing along one of lnlcooling's monster setups. Pretty awesome and it'll give us all a chance to actually see it in action. Turn's working with them and we're in discussions about possibly raffling off one of their devices during the weekend. If you're not familiar with them, their website is: lnlcooling

As previously announced, the folks from OCTV will attending and running some beta competitions. They've also kindly agreed to bring extra webcams so we'll be doing livestreaming throughout the weekend.

It'd also be great to see if we can get some form of support from other vendors. I'll be reaching out to the Elites who'll be attending to see if they'd be willing to try and get their sponsors on board.

Still looking for ideas for weekend competitions! Cash prizes for the winners will be paid with any donation funds which don't get used for ln2 purchases. Thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. If we don't end up having cash prize competitions, we'll probably use those funds for pizza and such.

Welcome any input from you on any aspect of the weekend get-together! The goal is to do whatever possible to make sure everyone has an awesome time.

For folks arriving on Friday night...any thoughts on what you'd like to do that evening? Am thinking it'd be great to get together for dinner, beverages, hardware prep, hanging out, etc, etc. I'm hoping to get there around 8pm-ish.

Getting excited and looking forward to seeing you all there!

Very best regards,
-Stefan

PS- If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here or contact me directly. I'll also be bringing some extra eraser, shamwow, tim, k-type probes and neoprene in case anyone needs it.