1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Not applying profile 2d/3d MSI Afterburner R6850CFX

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Leito360, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Leito360

Thanks Received:
    Hello.

I have a CFX of 2 MSI R6850 OC.

I created a 2d and a 3d profile for the graphics card.

The issue is that none of the profiles applies itself automatically when I start a game neither when I boot up the system. I tried adding the application and giving the maximum level of detection but it doesn't work.

I must apply the profiles manually always. And, when I boot up the system, I have to specify the core clock and memory clock manually, it doesn't work when I select the profile from the profile list.

Any ideas?

I'm using the last AMD drivers and the final version of the Afterburner (2.1.0 Final).

2. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    you could try using RBE to change the bios clock profiles to what you're trying to do in afterburner. That may fix it.

3. Leito360

Thanks Received:
    I'll give it a try. But anyway, It's a weird problem...

4. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    that is interesting. Is AB set to run when windows runs? I think default it is set to not do that though I highly doubt that is the issue it's worth checking lol.

5. Leito360

Thanks Received:
    AB and the Rivatune OSD are set to run when windows starts. I couldnt try your suggestion about using RBE to edit the BIOS but I will.
    It is that it seems to be very weird that AB it isnt working properly under CFX.

6. Leito360

Thanks Received:
    Jasper, I tried editing the BIOS with RBE. I did it, but when Windows was starting, a BSOD came out so I had to go back to the original BIOS.

Any ideas about why the BIOS failed?

You can download the BIOS (Original and edited) from this post.

Attached Files:

7. xsever

xsever New Member

Thanks Received:
    The BIOS failed because the 6000-series cards have more restrictions on their BIOS and RBE cannot alter their clocks yet.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011