1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Not seeing wireless lappy

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by blkhogan, Jun 12, 2008.

1. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heres what is going on... I have 3 systems on my home network two desktops one running XP home one runing Vista 32 bit, and one laptop that is wireless. The laptop is runing XP pro. On the network the 2 running XP are seeing one another fine, but the system running Vista does not see the wireless lappy. The Vista system does see the other hardwired XP desktop.
    Questions are: Why is the Vista system not seeing the wireless lappy running XP, but can see the desktop system runing the same? Is there something that needs to be enabled for the Vista system to see wireless devices conected to the network?

Thanks guys :respect:
  2. Alvin34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    RE: Not seeing wireless lappy!!

Nice thread! I really like your provided information. It's really helpful for me.
    Thanks a lot!
  3. JoshBrunelle

Thanks Received:
    Make sure all the computers are on the same workgroup/domain. To check you can right click my computer, select properties, and check the name tab.
  4. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    What kind of laptop, and what type of wireless hw/sw are you running? Also, are you positive the wlan is enabled on the lappy?