1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

November PS3 Sales Up By 298%

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Don't get a Plasma, they burn in pretty easily. If you want a flat panel, get an LCD. Wal-Mart has some really cheap ones.

@effmaster- Sony has also mentioned possibly producing a triple layer Blu Ray disk. But meh, who cares, no current movies need the amount of space on even a dual layer HD-DVD, so the point is moot, really. And about whether or not Blu Ray is a good investment, by your logic, HD DVD isn't a good investment either.

2. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    If I were to go out and buy a HDTV, it would surely be an LCD or DLP. However, I think I'm going to wait until February 2009 for some serious price drops.

3. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh I know that its not a good investment but that doesnt mean I can't help support the format that i want to win can I?

I agree with you about the extra space for movies being null right now but computer geeks who want massive storage space all on one disc will want the HD-DVD 51GB over 50 GB just because they will be cheaper than their counterparts more than likely. When did Sony mention making a TL Blu-ray disc?:confused:

4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I support both formats. I don't really mind which one wins, as I'm covered for both formats. Although I have a feeling that neither will outright win, tbh.

As far as a TL BR, I believe it was announced right around the time the TL HD DVD was announced. I could just be going senile, however. lol