1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Nuclear Reactor Fatal1ty Edition

Discussion in 'Case Mod Gallery' started by Tom-Helge, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Tom-Helge

Tom-Helge

Thanks Received:
    To view this case mod, go here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Specs:
    Computer Case: Zalman Fatal1ty FC-ZE1 Champ1on Series.

Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 620W (Modular).

Motherboard: Asus M4A79 Deluxe (Socket AM2+ & AM3 Support. AMD 790FX Chipset. DDR 2 RAM. CrossfireX - 4x PCI-Express).

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 7850 Black Edition Kuma 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz (Socket AM2+).

Memory: 2x Corsair TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 (2 x 1 GB 800 MHz CAS 4-4-4-12-2T DDR2 Modules). 4 GB DDR 2 RAM in total.

CPU-Cooler: Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX 120.

Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1024 MB.

Storage: Solid State Drive: OCZ Vertex Series S-ATA II 2.5" 120 GB. Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1 TB S-ATA II (32 MB Cache & 7200 RPM). Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB S-ATA II (32 MB Cache & 7200 RPM + Dual Processor).

DVD-Burner: Nec AD-7170S Black (S-ATA).

Fan Controller: Scythe "KAMA-METER" Multi Functional Controller.

Memory Card Reader: Lian Li CR-35 (50 in 1) Memory Card Reader.

Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.

Mouse: Microsoft SideWinder Mouse / Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 (Cordless).

Mouse Pad: Razer Destructor.

Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor.

Speakers: Altec Lansing ATP3 Enhanced 2.1 Speaker System.

Mods:
    The only mods i have on this computer atm is 2x red cold catode lights, 1x Radiation etch & 1x Microplex Norge AS etch. And 2x 120mm fan Radiation grills. More case mods will probably come later one time. I have to change out the red cold catode lights anyways, because they are starting to get bad now after those few years with using them.

This computer was bought back in March 2007. My computer had an Asus Radeon X1900XT GPU, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ AM2 CPU and 2 GB of the RAM i have now back when i bought this computer. It also had a 120 GB SATA HDD + a 250 GB SATA HDD. In January 2009, i added a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750 GB (32 MB Cache & 7200 RPM) HDD. In June 2009 i decided to upgrade my computer a little. So i then changed the old GPU out to a Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1024 MB. Changed the old CPU out to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 7850 Black Edition Socket AM2+. And i just added 2 GB more with the same RAM as i have. So now it's 4 GB RAM in total. Earlier in September 2009, i got the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750 GB HDD changed out to a 1 TB version of the same HDD because the Firmware in the 750 GB HDD got corrupted, so i got the 7200.11 1 TB HDD back on the warranty. I also bought me a new Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB HDD some few days after i got the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1 TB HDD. In November 2009, i bough the OCZ Vertex Series SATA II 2.5" 120 GB Drive. That SSD drive is only for my OS that is Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). In February 2010 i had to buy a new motherboard and change out my old ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard to an ASUS M4A79 Deluxe motherboard, because it had got some few defects.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Love the RED/Black theme. Nice looking gaming case. Check out my case, link in sig. We have something in common.

3. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Your cable management is not bad. Does this case glow in the dark.

4. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Love the looks of it. Would look good next to my AMD custom green case I have.

5. Tom-Helge

Tom-Helge

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the answers so far :).

The pictures i have taken of my computer is actually taken by my Sony Ericsson C901 mobile phone. The camera on the mobile phone is not really good to take pictures when it's dark. But i managed to get good results out of it anyways.

Other than that, i know that this case is not the best computer case to do case modding in, but it's ok to use just for some small case modding and that.

And with this computer case it will not be good if you put on to much case modding though. So that's the reason i have so few case mods on it now.

And the red catode light i have is starting to get weak and poor now, so i have to change them out pretty soon.

I have heard that LED lights is much better to use though?, so if that's the case, then i will go for LED lights next time instead.

6. zolizoli New Member

Thanks Received:
    I voted 1/10 because:

hmmm

7. von_scott_aka_shredz

von_scott_aka_shredz New Member

Thanks Received:
    I voted 8/10 because:

Gave an 8 because I have the same case had an fatality an9 32x in mine at first changed all fans to zalman green but I just finishes my new build used the same case and stayed green but went all xfx, motherboard psu, video cards,wish xfx had memory went with ocz sli edition. will post my pics as soon as I can get decent pics takin, I am not a good photographer,also light is poor pics when system on are of poor quality, any suggestions? some advice take out the hdd cage. and go with either rack mounted in drive bays, hdd coolers in drive bay. it improved my airflow and dropped my temps by 7 degrees. hit 43 under load 36 idle.

8. von_scott_aka_shredz

Thanks Received:
    pics

I will go ahead and show you what my system looked like still have all the parts but I will need a new case and cd/dvd drive used those on my new build.

9. von_scott_aka_shredz

Thanks Received:
    Kama Meter.

By the way how about selling you kama meter mine crapped out after a year.had extended 2 year warranty but they could no longer find them so they gave me back the purchace price.i'm heartbroken loved that thing.

10. Tom-Helge

Tom-Helge

Thanks Received:
    When i first bought the KAMA meter, i had it working for 3 days before it died, so i got a new one back from the warranty. And the new one i got have been working really nice for like 2+ years now.

The reason i bought the KAMA meter was simply because the LCD screen on it had an bandy screen, like it's bandy on the 2x fan intakes on my computer case in the front. When both of them looks like that, it's looks nice.

11. seklosoja New Member

Thanks Received:
    I voted 10/10 because:

I like case RV02