1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia 265.90 Drivers

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Josh154, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys don't know if many of you have heard of the 265.90 drivers running them on the geforce cards. I was having all kinds of issues with my 8800gts in SLI in BC2. Was getting terrible micro stuttering, low gpu usage and poor fps using 260.99. Someone recommended me to try out the 265.90 drivers and wow!

As soon as i installed these drivers i went and played some bc2, NO stuttering at all! GPU usage is almost full on each card now, and my FPS went up! Just google them sooo many people haven't had anything but good to say about them! Except on gtx 460's they can be a little buggy on those cards.

Oh and for folders, right now one of my gts's are folding a 587pt WU at a shader clock of 1836 and it's getting 5966.7 PPD right now :rockout: It seems as if my PPD has gone up a bit using them also.

Just thought id share my experiences with you all and was wondering if any of you have used them?

Oh and you need to mod a file and what not, i got mine PM'd to me but i still have the link. Don't go to nvidas site thinking you can get them there, you need to do a bit of research first :D

phanbuey says thanks.
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Can you elaborate as to moding a file? What exactly do you have to do?

3. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well here is the file i used. It was already modded for geforce cards and worked for win 7 64 bit.

Did you happen to google those drivers? Here is a thread talking about it, and here is another very good thread talking about all the success and such with these drivers.

It requires a modded Zip file i think but most of the downloads say wether its modded or not. It doesn't come with a phsyx driver though so keep your current one from 260.99 if your gonna upgrade.

4. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    GeForce/ION Release 260.99 WHQL
    This is the newest driver from nvidia Release October 25, 2010 on there site. I have installed 2-3 weeks after it was released. You can fined them under the bata drivers link and comes with the newest cuda and Includes PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
    No mod needed it also uninstalls old drivers and does a clean install.
    It also Increases performance vs. v260.89 drivers. I seen a few fps with my GT-240 AMP.
    So work for me your milage may vary.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  5. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nvida does not list a 265.90 driver not even in bata yet. I just look at the site.

6. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly.. Look the drivers up on google or any of the link i posted. You can mod the inf file to get them to run on geforce cards.

These are a quadro driver therefore you won't find them on nvidias site for a geforce card.

EDIT:Let me explain it to you at a lower level!

The quadro drivers are for quadro graphics cards, however these drivers contain the low gpu usage and nvidia scaling fixes due in the desktop drivers out at some point soon. However with any nvidia driver you can modify it to work on all cards. Nearly all nvidia drivers are universal in some way, the inf tells it to work on other cards. So this driver works perfectly for most! plus with these awesome fixes.

7. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    My bad i did not see in your first post that it was quadro driver and not geforce. I stay away from google do not like ads thay send for some things you look up. I have never open a inf file but maybe something new to do to take up my time being a$$hole deep in snow. LOL.

8. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haha yeah, they work very good actually. They should be coming to geforce pretty soon but for now ill use these as they absolutely own any other drivers out there!

Yeah we just got pounded with snow last night and today also and 40+mph winds to top it off. Busted the sled out today and was railin some ditches and got the dam thing stuck boondockin it lmao.

What gpu's are you running right now?

9. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you OP. Will try now.

10. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Let me know how it goes!

11. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:

Black Ops Benchmark on MP with full server on map "Cracked".

nVidia Control Panel set to "Balanced".
    In game Shadows and Bullet Impacts off (stuttering), resolution 1080p, Texture Quality Auto (changin to low does not sem to have an effect just yet).

Minimum 115, Average 202.

Overclocked with EVGA Precision and 10 minute Furmark Run:

[​IMG]

12. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:

Hmm is that good? I don't have black ops. Are you getting any stuttering or is all running smoothly?

13. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Suttering when shadows on is very clear. Otherwise, MUCH better optimisation of the GPU (using up to 99%) and really decent fps.

14. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, all my stuttering problems where fixed with my 8800gts's but then again i don't have BO.

Are you planning on running them still?

15. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    what os is the file you downloaded for?

16. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im not quite sure.. It works great in windows 7 64 bit.

Check out this. There is a ton of good information in that thread and they talk all about how to get the drivers installed and what not and which ones you need :)

17. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Planning on running what?

18. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    These drivers or are you going to switch back?

19. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    At first I couldn't install these as I got a BSOD. Then had to install them with the included sound driver and they installed. Then got a driver recovery every now and again on the desktop like alot of 460 GTX users are reporting with these. Games wise they seem like they are alot smoother, however, has not solved my frame skipping/microstutter issue in Bad Company 2 single player. No driver has sorted this issue. Just trying the 263.06 tesla drivers now.

20. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    3D is not workign with me. We will see...

21. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    Surround isnt working for me so switching back, other then that got about 4400 in 3dmark 11 with 1 card

22. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm so you guys are running 3 monitors? I forgot to look into that :(

va4leo, did you look at that page over at guru3d? That was pretty helpful to me. Did you get the 3d driver with the install of 265.90?

I know on the 460's alot of people said the driver crashes when going from 3d to 2d clocks. I also read the 263.06 tesla drivers are the next best thing to these and are less buggy but the 265.90's perform better.

I can't wait till these things come out on the desktop platform! Although i am having absolutely no problems with mine!

23. va4leo

va4leo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have finished watching all the 3D movies i want to watch for this year. I can play NFS in 2D for now. We will see how it goes...

OP, do you know what the mod is exactly in the INF File? Maybe, we can get the 32-bit version working?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  24. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Running a zotac gt-240 amp. Hope to get a gt-480 soon. Have to save cash but after 4 back operations in the last 5 years bills get in the way. LOL. Thanks for the info will give it a go. :toast:

25. Josh154

Josh154 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm im not forsure which one was the one i linked to you. I installed it and it's working fine for me. Check out this though. It has every version for each OS, and i read through the whole thread and a lot of people said the international versions work better. I guess you could try the international and english version to see. Just go to the links in the OP on the post and extract the files :D

Let me know if you try it and get it working better!

Yeah thats a bummer man :( I'd like to get my self some new cards too but can't really afford it either. Let me know if you try these drivers out!