1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nVidia 6800 problems w/FIX or Fix for me.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by iggy1981, Jan 18, 2007.

1. iggy1981 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I bought a NEW BFG 6800 GS OC of E-bay, Works great, but I added the NV5 cooler ( RV3 ) and I started getting artifacts on the screen. It took me 3 days, plus calling BFG for any input.

The guy at BFG told me, If you get the screws to tight on the GPU it will cause the artifacting that I was seeing. Plus he asked me not to share this info.

I also just got a eVGA 6800NU DDR ( core=325 Mem=700 ) off e-bay also for $33 inc/ shipping. That was also artifacting. Tried the method that the guy told me and sure anuff it worked. I got an old 6800 for $33 bucks, to me thats money well spent.

Now I'm not talking B/S here, I just want to know who else has came across this problem. Plus I wanted to share since the Tech asked me not to share this info.

*EDIT* I forgot to ask why the old card runs at 54c under a full load, my new card runs at 60c at full load with the NV5 cooler? Is it b/c I put AS5 on the older card? Both cards are running at 16p, 6v.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007