1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA and Ubisoft Form Gaming Alliance for This Fall's Hottest Games

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    NVIDIA today announced an alliance with Ubisoft to offer PC gamers the best gaming experiences possible for Ubisoft's biggest fall titles, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs.

NVIDIA's developer technology team is working closely with Ubisoft's development studios on incorporating graphics technology innovations to create game worlds that deliver new heights of realism and immersion. One example is NVIDIA TXAA antialiasing, which provides Hollywood-levels of smooth animation, soft shadows, HBAO+ (horizon-based ambient occlusion) and advanced DX11 tessellation.

[​IMG]

"PC gaming is stronger than ever and Ubisoft understands that PC gamers demand a truly elite experience -- the best resolutions, the smoothest frame rates and the latest gaming breakthroughs," said Tony Tamasi, senior vice president of Content and Technology at NVIDIA. "We've worked closely with Ubisoft's incredibly talented creative team throughout the development process to incorporate our technologies and deliver the most immersive and visually spectacular game worlds imaginable."

"The PC remains one of the world's most popular gaming platforms, and we're committed to offering PC players the best possible experience with our games," said Tony Key, senior vice president of Sales and Marketing at Ubisoft. "Combining NVIDIA's visual computing expertise and the creativity of our development teams will give customers a stunning experience when choosing an Ubisoft game for the PC."

The PC version of Splinter Cell Blacklist, released on Aug. 20, is available now from participating retailers as part of an NVIDIA bundle with GeForce GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 760, 770 or 780 GPUs. More details on the bundle and the exclusive tech within the game are available here.
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I wounder if they still be saying this in a few months or if they had not get in bed with nVidia

3. Sempron Guy

Sempron Guy

Thanks Received:
    I thought Watchdogs was an AMD Gaming Evolved title?
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It is.. and now it's a Nvidia title as well. Which is good! Nothing bad about a game running well on different hardware.
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    How many of those are silly proprietary things that won't work on my 6950?
    Prima.Vera says thanks.
  6. NeoXF

Thanks Received:
    TXAA is horrible. So are most of nVidia's other gimmicks... But at least they seem to try new stuff every once in awhile... and continue supporting them.
    Prima.Vera says thanks.
  7. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    I don't think so, check this out : http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-gb/home/index.aspx

[​IMG]

That green something logo down there...

There's no official proof, news, or press release (AFAIK) about Watch Dogs being Gaming Evolved title. Just some supposedly "official" slides leaked and it shows the possible lineup for the next Never Settle bundle (including Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell blacklist) and everyone's quick to assume that they're all Gaming Evolved titles.
  8. Pasha

Pasha New Member

Thanks Received:
    too little and too late, struggling to reach amd now
  9. MuhammedAbdo

Thanks Received:
    That AMD slide was a fake obviously, AMD released a list of their supported games in 2013 and it contradicted that supposed slide .

At any rate , none of Ubisoft titles are supported by AMD , NVIDIA however supports them all , Assassin's Creed , Splinter Cell , and Watch Dogs .
  10. SIGSEGV

SIGSEGV

Thanks Received:
    what do you think about Far Cry 3 ?
  11. HumanSmoke

HumanSmoke

Thanks Received:
    Indeed.
  12. MuhammedAbdo

Thanks Received:
    Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 are both examples of both AMD and NVIDIA supporting the same games at the same time. Crysis 3 had TXAA which wouldn't have been possible without NVIDIA's influence. Far Cry 3 supported both HDAO (AMD) and HBAO (NVIDIA) .
  13. omnimodis78

omnimodis78

Thanks Received:
    I can select one of the three AO implementations, including HDAO, on my GTX770, so I it might be an AMD thing but apparently it's performs just fine on nvidia cards too.
  14. MuhammedAbdo

Thanks Received:
    Yes it does, but naturally you will get more FPS with NVIDIA's version (HBAO), giving that you have a Geforce card.
  15. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Didnt really liked TXAA in AC3 -__-
  16. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    So soon we should buy both NV and AMD card and keep swapping based on what game we want to play. The game developers are becoming their bi*%^&*.

We will soon see this message when we load a game
    'Sorry please change your X card to XX card to play this game'!
    radusorin, Lionheart and okidna say thanks.
  17. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    the days of the Glide
  18. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    Only TXAA.

And what AMD has for next-gen? Nothing.

[​IMG]

Everyone is going to buy AMD GPUs for old games instead of new games? Wow. :rolleyes:

Wrong. http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/far-cry-3-v-102-test-gpu.html

No, just Nvidia ruining AMD's dream to make gaming monopoly.

[​IMG]
  19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  20. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Every time I hear nVidia sponsorship for a game I am instantly thinking of PhysX and TXAA (the WORST anti aliasing method I have ever seen). Please, for God's sake, don't force on us those 2 abominations again!
    radusorin, suraswami and Pasha say thanks.
  21. Fluffmeister

Thanks Received:
    Haters gonna hate.

Anyway I can't wait for Watch Dogs and The Witcher 3 is gonna be silly good too. :cool: