1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia Crop Circle

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by the54thvoid, Jan 6, 2014.

1. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
  2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    *whisper* nvidiaaaah
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    The way it's meant to be farmed.

I can see how that has any relevance to anything. Because GPU marketing has to be so "original" they have succumb to this... whatever it is. Long gone are the days when they would show off an image of the core, the GPU, details and relevant benchmarking scores with sane graphs (I'm looking at you AMD, with your retarded graphs that fade at the top of bar charts).
    Aquinus and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  4. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    oh does that mean they will move from "silicon" to SillyCorn"? for Denver?
    the54thvoid says thanks.
  5. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Don't be so childish. :D

They're moving from Cores to Corns. And shaders refers to the huts the farmers stand under during the mid day heat. "My field has 200 000 corns and 10 shaders.

Anyway, it's a green field isn't it? It's their company colour.
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
  6. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Then I wonder how Intel and AMD could possibly emulate it with their respective colours.
  7. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Intel will fly a biplane through a clear blue sky with one of those banners fluttering lazily behind it. (Skylake?)

AMD will hijack a random tomato festival.

[​IMG]
    Aquinus, GreiverBlade and RCoon say thanks.
  8. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    nah green is the color of the customer when they realize they have been raped ...

and for amd they are red in rage because of the sh*tcoins (replace sh*t by bit/lite/random ridiculous name for unstable virtual currency) miner who rape them.

(i don't hold a grudge against bitcoins miner ... just against the principe :D )

still nice crop circle tho o_O
  9. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Here's a demo of UE4 running on the Tegra K1 chip. Slightly more useful than crop circles ;)
  10. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    not that much ... tho ...
  11. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    I think it was Genius......
  12. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    wait, shouldnt it be the other way around? it's the kiddie miners that are ruining things, the concept is really cool (just like folding or opencl encoding)
  14. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well technically ... yes ... still, folding hold a meaning if done freely, BTC/LTC/random do something for research? i may be misleaded probably but for me its just letting a asic miner (more usefull but pricey) or a AMD gpu (ok output but likely prone to inflate market price for nothing and sometime dangerous for the GPU itself) for a virtual unstable currency ...

ahhh i should do deeper research ... ok i re state my statement or not ... psshhh we have miner here ... better not upset those :D
  15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    inflating market, dangerous for gpu, unstable currency, all of that is entirely the fault of the people doing it, not the concept

(i've never mined or folded, i also never installed the opencl component of the drivers on my 4870x2)

it's like the manufacturing of our electronics, the concept is that the abundance of a lot of specific precious metals is in china, a lot of tech companies are china/taiwan/korea/japan, a lot of components that get put on PCBs would be made in the region (like farming, crops grow in certain regions), it also happens to be generally a lower cost of living & wages in the area so that's another incentive for all companies around the world to keep the manufacturing side in the region

but then people... humans start exploiting, they want even lower prices, consumers included, on top of that people want a ton of stock all around the world, we eventually have the repeating foxconn situation that is caused by people, the concept just has the capability for it to happen

or how about cars, the personal/group/storage travelling concept is quite slick (ignoring the faulty fuel), but many drivers are the cause of accidents by being distracted or intoxicated or simply lacking experience

how about the 'free' & 'open' internet, the concept is amazing, but people will bully or hack or whatever

even if we lived in the jungle with nothing, a person will throw a rock at someone else
  16. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    11:07PM EST - Now he's sipping the water **Great update, perhaps they could follow him to the shitter and describe his bowel movement too for the yearning masses!!!**

11:06PM EST - Jen-Hsun feels like his voice is starting to go, he's searching for water, he found the water

11:20PM EST - This system must be super slow, my SC2 experience is way smoother than this

11:24PM EST - I wonder what comes after Tegra 4... **Nothing, absolutely nothing comes next, but I love the sales pitch about everything but graphics, there is a green gas descending from the vents in the ceiling, oh it makes me love anything they say!!!! Love the tentacle!!!!!**

11:24PM EST - Tegra 2, Tegra 3, Tegra 4 all listed on a chart **Good, cause we all know what major successes they were, and we all forgot them so quickly after....wait what/ weed is legal in Denver now.....so hazy**

11:26PM EST - Jen-Hsun is recapping the historical Tegra roadmap **(In classic asian voiceover) Ha ha ha ha, we make Tegra, you buy it, ha ha ha ha, it sucked but you love the tentacle, ha ha ha ha. Close scene with stern look at camera......and cut!!**

11:25PM EST - "[Android] is wonderful for the world"

11:25PM EST - "The next step...a giant leap" **A short dock and a long jump**

11:28PM EST - we believe the car will be your most important mobile computer **So cars are mobile computers......since having a screen in the view of the driver is illegal, it makes sense to........say something about our beliefs in cars that make up a fraction of the total percentage of vehicles sold that may feature our tech, as a graphics company**

11:28PM EST - Android will also disrupt the car industry **From a company who doesn't make any cars.**

11:27PM EST - "we believe Android is going to be one of the most important platforms for game consoles in the future" **From a company who makes NO console chips, and has only made.....one....!!!**

11:32PM EST - Wow so pay close attention to the slide below ** See what we did, we connected the dots, before this, we didn't connect the dots, then we paid a consulting firm to come in, we had a lot of meetings, and after the meetings we aligned our chakras, and connected the dots, and we feel it connected our company. **

11:51PM EST - Frame rate is clearly sub 30 fps, but impressive nonetheless **Graphics isn't about frames per second, its about PR spins per second, about how we can convince you that the framerate doesn't matter, and how games made for controllers and keyboards and mice....we want to piss you off by putting them on the touchscreen, that is what we want, and then to have games stall when anything changes, like if you get a email, we want it to crash and you to hate us.**

11:51PM EST - live

11:51PM EST - Unreal Engine 4 running on Tegra K1 now
    10 Million points folded for TPU