1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia driver problem in Vista

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FAXA, Aug 2, 2007.

1. FAXA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm having a bit of trouble with the nvidia Vista Drivers atm. Sometimes they just stop responding and give me a black screen durning games - although I can press the windows key and return to desktop fine.

It happens durning the following games in these two games -Company Of Heroes (DX10) and
    Call of Juarez (DX10 benchmark). During these games I have a decentish framerate (30-50fps in CoH and 20-40 in Call of Juarez). Im running CoH on High settings with 2xAA and Call of Juarez on defaults (apart from AA). I recorded the temperatures during these games and they came to about 78'C at most with an average of 73'C. My card is overclocked to 650MHz core and 906MHz memory. I've tried running the games with stock GPU speeds but no luck.

All of my other games (Lost Planet (DX10 demo), WoW, Call Of Duty 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) work fine, the Cascades demo works like a dream and the drivers don't crash.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks, FAXA
  2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    nVidia are still having real problems with Vista drivers as I understand, if your already using the latest nVidia drivers try rolling back a few versions to see if that fixes the problem. Guru3D is a great place to visit for drivers. Finally while 73-78c isnt too bad, it is a bit on the warm side, at the very least removing the HSF, cleaning the thermal poo off and replacing it with AS Ceramique could be a worthwhile investment.
    FAXA says thanks.
  3. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    try updating your drivers i've had some problems with the drivers stopped responding nvidia hasn't go there drivers just right yet i rember drivers 100.65 worked fine but had no sli features but i got a higher score on vista than the newer drivers when i had my 7600GT
    FAXA says thanks.
  4. FAXA New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I've installed driver 100.65 and all seems to be working fine :D.

Thanks all! :D