1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia Driver problems!!!HELP

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by oinkypig, Mar 2, 2007.

1. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    ok, so i am troubles with my videos. when i watch them i only get sound and no video(black screen). i had nvidia x93.81 drivers installed and whenever i went to the video setting and clicked restore and then opened a video i got both the video and sound. when u closed the nvidia control panel after applying the default changes i would open another video but there was only sound again. whenever im in the video setting of the nvidia control panel i get the video. so thinking it was a driver i just upgraded the drivers from x93,81 to 97.73. it still does not work, and whenever i go to video setting i cannot get the video to show up
  2. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    codecs? is it just a single video or a all your vids? try reinstalling gfx drivers, dx, etc, maybe try disablign hw accel to see if the vids will work.
  3. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    it has affected ALL of my videos(EVERYTHING)
    i've already been through the codec stuff and it only worked when i was in the nvidia control panel's video settings for some very odd reason. i think it has something to do with an overlay?
  4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Try the 92.91 drivers. Their about the latest version that didnt have too many retarded bugs. Be sure to clean your drivers out properly prior to installing with drivercleaner.