1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Engaged in PsyOps Against HD 7970: Chinese Forum

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 27, 2012.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    All right smartypants. You're asserting how Bulldozer is this mythical highest performaing part, so you prove it. This should be interesting since there's overwhelming evidence that it isn't. Oh and that overclocking record doesn't count. ;)

Do this and myself and the rest of this forum might stop thinking that you're simply a troll.

btw, I haven't seen those nice leaked benchmarks I challenged you on. ;) Come on, let's see them. :laugh:

THE_EGG says thanks.
  2. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    What is with this seronx guy?! :wtf:

qubit says thanks.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    .........ok Ill bite.

How do you figure this when every major benchmark on every mainstream site says different? I'm not trollin, I want to know how you come to the conclusion Bulldozer is the highest performing part on the market when every viable statistic says otherwise.

I don't want fuzzy math. I'm a meat and potatos guy. Sell me Bulldozer. Why should I go with Bulldozer over a 2600K? Price is irrelevant.

SaiZo and qubit say thanks.
  4. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN

Thanks Received:
    NVIDIA made too big promises when they were working with GTX 4xx and people rightfully were disappointed with them. And now when they don't make promises too early people still hate them.

You just can't please everyone no matter what you do...

I take all accusations without a single proof with ton of salt, but I don't say it can't be true either. But hell this soap opera about new GPUs has gone out of hands. Have some patience and ignore the crappy rumors till you hear something from the green giant itself.

5. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    hey MailMan its a little irrelevant but you have leet thanks :) 1337

6. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Shall I thank another one of his posts and ruin it? :D :laugh:

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You can't. Only I can. Its not thanked posts. Its how many post I thanked.

erocker says thanks.
  8. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Oh duh. Yes, of course. :eek: Truly a facepalm moment, lol.

9. I blee it

I blee it New Member

Thanks Received:

Well said! Does anyone really believe that Nvidia isn't going to stomp on the HD7970 when Kepler makes it's debut? It's coming. Waiting a few couple of months don't mean squat when you have to wait anyway for the HD 7970 "paper tiger" to materialize. And god help you with the innevitable driver issues with AMD.

10. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have no idea what point you are trying to make, but you failed. If you don't think it's time for Nvidia to release Kepler, you have issues that I'm not willing or qualified to help you with. Keep sitting there and laughing though, someone will eventually come along that cares enough to take you to a place where you can get that help.

Long story short, he bounces numbers around his head all day until they form some jumble that defies all logic. Then he spreads the mess as fact.

THE_EGG says thanks.
  11. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    ah thanks for the explanation :)

12. seronx

seronx

Thanks Received:
    Nope. Most of the time I am playing video games :laugh:

Well I just enjoy being green!

Can't help but support the green team
    [​IMG][​IMG]

What leaked benchmarks?

Well, you already have an 990FX board... I don't know your workloads so you have to tell me your workloads aka tell me your applications

13. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Huh how is this news? :rolleyes:

14. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    You can get a 7970 for $699 in Australia, and the price should drop by the end of the month. I havent seen any stores sold out of 580's but the 7970's sold out within a couple of days. Dont know where you live but all the major stores in Melbourne have plenty of 580's.

They just got new stock of 7970's in the last few days and they put the price up but they're still selling.

The 580's were $699-$799 when they were released in Australia so I dont see much difference there.

15. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, good ol` days of '90, when 3Dfx was trashing everything, including ATI's Rage or Nvidia's Riva...Yes I remember those days, he he..:toast:

eidairaman1 says thanks.
  16. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    lucky :(, my local MSY and Gamedude is sold out of 580's. I have to drive into the CBD of Brisbane pretty much (25-45 min depending on traffic) to get to a place that has it in stock. Yes I just check umart and the cheapest 7970 (HIS) is $699 so I guess that isn't too bad. Looks like most of them have decreased about $50 since release.

17. p3gaz_001 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry but... this nvidia's bullshit and whatever is becoming ridiculous ........

eidairaman1 says thanks.
  18. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Come on, come on guys we all know who is going to win this round...

Intel's Ivy Bridge IGP running DX11 on VLC :roll:

19. p3gaz_001 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ahahah for sure!!! :laugh: :laugh:

20. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    AMD has had a really strong execution of product release for the last 2 series of cards. Honestly I wont spend more than 300 on a card these days ( Yes R9700 Pro AIW was 400 at the time)

21. I blee it

I blee it New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mark my words. Nvidia is going to romp all over AMD yet again...it's not like AMD isn't used to getting butt-stomped by the big dogs. Intel anyone!?!
    Sad to see, but even the AMD fanboys are falling by the wayside. Seen it before. PS3 will whoop Xbox360...lmao BlueRay wins the day!?! Stagnant. What's next?

Everyone I know isn't peeing their pants in anticipation of Nvidia nuking the latest AMD puke-card. Story is over. Guess who won?

So...what's next?

More of what we already have. Not only because the current generation is profitable but also because the current generation of consolers are conditioned to "play" whatever the usual Drivel-Makers plop down on the market. (Not all included)

22. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    So why is it that majority of users here have AMD cards now even crossfire and x2 models? :wtf:

23. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    Its simple really..........THEY ROCK .... straight jimmy hendricks in his prime kinda rock.
    And theyre.....were cheap. Nvidia always had more muscle though. Even though this time I will get nvidia...cant deny how good amd/ati product is...gpu wise

eidairaman1 says thanks.
  24. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Me personally can only see NV having a good lead back during the 8800 series. Odd enuf the 640MB 8800 GTS was very sought after due to the framebuffer size, Most kept a hold of their GTX and Ultra Models as well.

AMD has been providing solid products for the last 3 cycles though, 4800 series might not been fastest out but they were able to maintain good framerates compared to the 2900 and 3800 series. Before that AMD did well with the x800 series despite not having the latest SM tech for that time. X1900/1950 series. Then of Course the 9700 Pro.

25. I blee it

I blee it New Member

Thanks Received:
    "So why is it that majority of users here have AMD cards now even crossfire and x2 models?"

Skipped the drivers issue I see. same 'ol same 'ol

Anyway. Thanks for making my point. The Graphics Cards Battle isn't about who's best. It's about fan based loyalty. The same holds true with console-playing-weenies.

So, as a purportedly semi-intelligent monky would ask me... wtf?

What's next is the real ?

And?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012