1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3072 MB

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, May 23, 2013.

1. Nirutbs

Nirutbs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good performance but unlucky for my country for the i think it will go so far. (close to titan)
  2. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    1920x1200 this is 25% faster than a stock 7950 hum i pass on that gen and wait for the next one, still nice "titan redux" card (too bad for the price... :cry: )
  3. Xaser04

Xaser04

Thanks Received:
    I seem to recall the 7970 costing around £440-480 at launch. I know I paid £412 for mine (not the one I have now).

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/33453-amd-radeon-hd-7970-launch-day-pricing-availability/

A few are above £500 there but quite frankly anyone paying £500+ for a reference 7970 at launch was mugged.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    This, is why i sold my 7950's for a 780. My time with dual cards is over, and I just want the best I can get in my price range, which is the 780.
  5. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    If happiness could be a graphics card, GK110 would be it :toast:

Nice purchase ;)
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    my 780 will be here Tuesday. Can't wait.
  7. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Given the situation AMD is in right now, there is a good chance that they will just join the price hike if their card performs better. :eek:
  8. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    That was fast- guess I have to start building :D

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  10. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    That cookie from the 680 review is taking effect? :laugh::p:laugh: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Free market exists to exploit consumers. Business 101. :pimp:

Using your analogy:

Is it too expensive? (GTX Titan) - Yes. Can I afford it - Yes. I could afford multiples if i wanted. Was i sick of crossfire glitches - Don't need CF/SLi, don't care. SLi has it's own issues, don't play it off as an ATi/AMD only problem. Did (Do - In my case) I want single gpu performance as high as possible? - Yes

I like to achieve this without being double fisted in the process. Enter the 7950 :laugh:

Aside from the shitty paint and "questionable" feet/handles, how exactly is the build quality "poor"?

I have no issues with the feet/handles on my case other than they have maybe too much flex, and that flex makes it a bit wobbly is all :eek:

:roll::roll: :laugh::laugh: :roll::roll: :laugh::laugh: :roll::roll:

If you need a GFX card to make you happy, you better reevaluate your life. Or lack thereof :slap:
  11. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    First, the paint and handles are pretty significant aspects of the case, so much so that the failure in either of those regards alone make the case poor enough to pass on. However we can add awful front panel audio jacks and rattling side panels to the build issues the case has. On top of that, there are a couple design faux pas. Prime example- the solid front panel on the Arctic version that pretty much makes the front fan useless. Someone should have addressed that before the case was released.

Describing the case as 'a bit wobbly' is a severe understatement. Just plugging in or removing a USB thumb drive makes the case sway like it just got hit with a 6.0 quake.

From a far the case is nice and has a unique character, sure. But while some people can look past its deficiencies, I have grown tired of dealing with them (especially when there are much more competent mITX case choices available).
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I can relate to your wait, I'm always like that when waiting for a shipment :laugh:

Post some benchmarks when you can!

I do not need a GFX, I want it, no one said I NEED it.

I don't need many things but I want them anyway. (Taken from Dave :laugh: :toast:)

Many things make me happy, being able to purchase what I want makes me happy, my job makes me happy... I could go on and on.

Also one thing I know is I don't need you to tell me what to do with my life, this isn't the place and it is not your call.

Last time I checked this was a GTX 780 review thread.

:toast:
    1c3d0g says thanks.
  13. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let's remain civil in this thread and not insult others. Only warning.
    1c3d0g and radrok say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Casecutter

Thanks Received:
    Here a question: Would it be a GTX 780 or GTX 670's in SLI if they're $325 each?
    Pro's/Con's...
  15. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    A question for you.

Can a single GTX 780 provide enough framerate for what you'll be doing or you absolutely need the raw power of GTX 670 SLI to get playable framerates?

If you can manage good framerates with the GTX 780 then single GPU is better.

For me SLI has to be used when one single, powerful gpu, isn't enough.

While we can get the job done with one strong GPU why bother with SLI/CFX profiles?

The less variables the more enjoyable will be your experience.

:toast:
  16. Amrael

Amrael

Thanks Received:
    670's hands down although the EVGA 780 made me think for a while. I've had my 2 670's since October and couldn't be happier. Probably would have them a year longer maybe more. Firts off two 670's scale higher than one 780. The drivers are somewhat mature so you don't get that many hidden huccups and this cards overclock really well. 780, new drivers the bad hasn't even begun, it has some new software but implementation is another thing entirely, the metal unibody looks really well made and stylish (although performance doesn't need style), really powerful when compared to a single card from previous generation (green and red) and dual cards don't count since engineers have got to be sleeping on the job with the plethora of mistakes they make with those. If you could wait a little maybe one 780 down the line when it doesn't cost $650. Sorry it's not a question of quality its a question of economics. Even if I had the money I would wait for the right price because lets be honest, even though it a really advanced piece of technology, its just an overpirced toy just like Ferrari's, Bentleys, Lamborghini's etc...
  17. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    It's good we can both laugh at that.
  18. Amrael

Amrael

Thanks Received:
    Have to agree there I haven't avoided any video card as much as those 7950's. In doesn't help that I got an Asus 7970 DCII for $318.00 (its open box but I did a warranty check and it still has warrant until 2015 so I'm golden). Yup these are not bad cards, they are just no very good and prone to be surpassed by supposedly "inferior" cards so yeah:laugh:
  19. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    How is 20% more performance over a 7970 worth a £200 - 50% price mark up, fools and there money I guess. And yes I'm well aware that some people have the notion of they can easily afford it so it doesn't matter, that's a personal opinion, the fact the cards are priced as they are is what's questionable. Still, might buy one in 2 years time :rolleyes:
  20. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    I have my hopes up. Good guy AMD never disappoint :D
  21. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    I see you have mastered the art of FUD. Take all the pot shots you want! :laugh:

The paint is only iffy where things attach to it, the rest of the paint is fine. Didn't you get the case after myself? Pretty sure i mentioned these things. I don't use the FP jacks so can't comment there, but i have no issues when using the USBs. My case itself is solid, maybe yours was dropped and is slightly warped causing it to "rattle"? The front panel on the Arctic white isn't completely solid. It has vents. On the side of the bezel. You are over exaggerating the "wobbliness". Mine is under my desk by my feet, have knocked it quite a bit and it just does a lil' dance LoL. Tonnes of reviews & vids to show the case :pimp:

For $80 it's hard to beat the Prodigy for an iTX build IMO

How else is someone supposed to interpret what you posted? English wasn't my first language either, but...

Good for you! :toast:

I'm not telling you what to do, i'm just joining in the conversation. You mad? :roll:

Did i miss something? Who's being uncivil/insulting? I only see a conversation of differing opinions. :toast:

Want to laugh even more? 7870 Xt.
  22. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    The panel is solid enough to where mounting a fan in the front is absolutely pointless. The vents you mention do nothing to let the fan mount bring in air.

I don't know how you can say your case does a dance when you bump it then claim I must be over exaggerating the stability issue of the case. My 350D and Node 304 don't have any movement whether I am plugging in @ the USB or if I accidentally bump the case. As physically wide as the Prodigy is, it's just poor engineering that resulted it in being a dancing unstable case.

Who cares though, right? If you're happy then what's it matter if I don't like the case? It doesn't. What I mention may not affect you, but other potential owners may find the information useful in making their final decision.
    Crunching for Team TPU