1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce Kepler GK107 Reference Board Sketched

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 21, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    NVIDIA's GeForce Kepler 107 (GK107) will go into making several of its entry-thru-mainstream SKUs, such as N13 GeForce M GPUs for notebooks, and N14 Quadro GPUs for professional graphics cards, but more importantly, it will also go into making the D14 GeForce 600 series discrete PC graphics cards for the retail and OEM markets. A CGI sketch of the reference design board was leaked to the web, which found its way to VR-Zone, which reports that the GK107 will be used in two desktop PC discrete graphics SKUs: D14M2-20, and D14P1-10, based on the GK107-200 (512 MB DDR3) and GK107-300 (GDDR3/GDDR5) variants of the chip, respectively.

The sketched GK107 graphics card appears to be similar to the GF108-based GeForce GT 440 board. The GPU will feature a 128-bit wide DDR3/GDDR3/GDDR5 memory interface. Its cooler design is similar, with a 11-blade axial fan, and a heatsink with spirally-projecting aluminum fins. Apparantly legacy D-Sub support will be dropped for the first DVI-I connector. There will be two dual-link DVI connectors, and a mini-HDMI.

[​IMG]

Source: VR-Zone

2. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what to expect from this market segment because we don't know how good the KG104 performs in terms of TDP\Performance to give us some reference.

3. EpicShweetness

EpicShweetness

Thanks Received:
    Hope I'm not "fan boy'n" by own'n a AMD GPU, but . . .
    Pitcarn is around the bloody corner and all we got is CAD drawings on the green side :wtf:

4. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Dying to get more info on Nvidia's answer to the 7900 series. My GTX570 is fine at the moment but when the performance increase is big enough I might upgrade nonetheless.

5. YogurtMaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been watching this forum for a while and I am getting tired of the pure ignorance on this forum. I am no Nvidia fanboy, but some of you guys are just plain wrong.

ATI releases their GPU, but at a much higher price because of the issue of the new 28nm process which is barely making many wafers at all and Nvidia is waiting it out and I don't see a problem with this. The fact is that CAD drawing was leaked out and not something Nvidia planned on releasing.

Please, stop your complaining that Nvidia is 6 months behind, more like 3 and stop being a bunch of cry babies and fanboys.

Sit back like everyone else and lets wait to see which has better performance. I personally am not paying $500 for a frick'n video card.

1c3d0g says thanks.
  6. ZoneDymo

ZoneDymo

Thanks Received:
    Man there is a lot off with your comment.

7. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    you want GTX 660Ti? design? here:
    [​IMG]

lol, jes joking, just fiddling with autocad as well XD XD

8. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    Err the high price is because they can price it that high with no competition (priced above GTX 580), yes it's wrong but that's the truth. I doubt they have yield problems since those would delay the release date. Also if you wait you loose money...

The prices are crazy high at the moment.

9. LightningJR

LightningJR

Thanks Received:
    Just don't make this another 4 rop budget card please.. The poor ultra budget gamers don't deserve that kind of treatment. :shadedshu

10. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Actually its because of no competition AND low yields. http://www.techpowerup.com/159189/28-nm-struggles-TSMC-amp-GlobalFoundries.html

repman244 says thanks.
  11. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    ^vids are dead