1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia holds > 60 percent AMD chipsets

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by wolf2009, Aug 29, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

Fudzilla
  2. Jansku07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think that you should've posted this in Motherboards and memory/General hardware section, because it considers mobos. This is a "Graphics card section". Anyways its a surprisingly big part of AMD mobos, IMO. The source is FUDzilla though so I'd take the news with a grain of salt.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    As do I but its interesting to note how much of a share Nvidia supposedly has.
  4. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    no surprise here, nvidia's chipset division has always been strong on amd. which is why they refuse to give amd sli support. not that it matters, amd benefits from any mobo nvidia sells for it's own processors. and being that nvidia advertizes more, any advertizement for an nvidia chipset for amd cpu's benefits amd as well. I for one look forward to the next nvidia chipset for amd cpu's.
  5. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, amd chipset market share for amd systems is going up, BUT how many people are buying AMD chipsets?

Its no good if the number of AMD systems have halved. A 26% -> 37% of an overall market which has halved is no good. Perhaps that explains why nvidia may be slacking in this area of the chipset market?