1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Outs WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers for Windows 8.1 Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jun 29, 2013.

1. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm that SLI now works in Surround on Z87 based boards now, at least that was fixed from the previous release ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    Trolling would be using my own personal experience and applying it to the masses as fact when there is evidence to the contrary.

Official NVIDIA 320.18 WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 5/23/13)

EVGA Forums 320.18 drivers ready for download!

Guru3D Forums - Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Overclock.net Forum - [MC] Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs

ModCrash - Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I'm not using my personal experience, I'm using the fact that no one has proven the driver is related to any of the major issues, that no one has even bothered to post a screenshot of temps and fan speeds, and that nVidia themselve hasn't pulled the driver. If it was really a widespread issue, nVidia would have pulled the driver. Yet out of the probably millions that have installed the driver, all we have is a few anecdotal reports of problems. No credible new source as bothered to even investigate the story, and ModCrash is not a credible new source, and his article lists two people having an issue and suddenly it MUST be the driver. Sorry, no. And I never once used my own personal experience to say there isn't an issue with the driver.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I can say I have had issues with the 320.18 driver on my 780, but it sure as hell didn't kill my card. Rolled back to 320.11 that came with the card, and all is well. The whole issue with the 320.18 drivers I think is that theres something going on with the way the driver manages vram, since things will be fine for an hour, then textures will become corrupt, and portray a sense of being on acid with all the colors.

5. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I see stability issues with these on Win7 64bit on very rare occasions and cant replicate them, similar to 320.18 but the error messages appear differently. 320.18 still gives me extremely rare crashes in LoL, but 320.49 BETA's have solved all my sporadic crashing problems.

BiggieShady says thanks.
  6. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, Assassin's Creed 3 had massive texture corruption on 320.18, but all is well in 320.49 BETA.

Thanks for this, I was gonna try them but as I can see I should stay with 320.49 BETA for a while longer :toast: