1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Prefers to Stay Independent

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Oct 26, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    NVIDIA Corp. is confident it can stay independent despite the recent takeover of its main rival, and it sees big growth opportunities in areas such as mobile, where it expects to double the sales. NVIDIA has been the target of merger speculation since Advanced Micro Devices Inc., announced it would buy Canadian graphics chip maker ATI Technologies Inc. for $5.6 billion. Some analysts have suggested NVIDIA could end up being bought by Intel Corp., or at least being forced to strike some sort of in-depth partnership like a licensing deal. Mike Hara, Nvidia's vice president of investor relations, reiterated his company's determination to stay independent. "It reinforces our philosophy that we don't want to be tied up," Hara told Reuters when asked about the ATI deal. "I don't think anything changes. In fact, what we've already felt and seen I think gives us the energy to push faster. While AMD and ATI figure out what their future looks like, we know what ours looks like," Hara also said. Click here to read the full interview with NVIDIA's vice president.

Source: ExtremeTech
  2. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    I figured as much, for one nvidia is alot harder to buy out than ati. Secondly nvidias chipsets have consitently been the most reliable and fastest since the release of the athlon 64's.

nvidia consitently makes smart market decisions like buying uli for their southbridge chipsets and nobody will forget their pruchase of 3dfx, possibly the smartest decision nvidia ever made. Don't get me wrong I'm an ati guy, but nvidia has always been better in marketing and business.
  3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    im not sure id agree with nvidia consistently being the faster. both companies have always been at eachothers throats and during the FX days, which wernt actually all that long ago kiddies, nvidia got utterly slaughtered by ati.
  4. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    true that!
  5. Judas

Judas

Thanks Received:
    still its a good thing too.. you will see Nvidia chipsets in both intel and Amd motherboards