1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia Pure video and F.E.A.R conflicts w/ the fix

Discussion in 'Games' started by D007, Apr 21, 2007.

1. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded fear and if anyone saw the post about fear help.. Nvidia pure video decoder has a file that conflicts with this game for one reason or another but there is a very quick and painless fix for it.. I'm not trying to take credit for this guys fix though, he did a good job and much thanx to him for it..

here is the link to his article..
    http://forums.vugames.com/thread.jspa?messageID=126668&#126668

and here is the fix if your lazy like me...lol

All you have to do is do a search for the file named (nvtrpdemux.ax) and rename it.. call it willy lump lump or whatever u want and your good to go.. :D

If you don't do this odds are your going to have the error "Monolith.html has stopped working" and you will not be able to install Fear.. or sometimes you can install fear but not the extras.. or not the expansion. etc etc.. but it fixed it right up for me when i did it so i know it works .. well for xp it does..

Happy hunting :pimp:

2. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    yes, its seems that any codecs that you install on your machine (from klite, gordian knot, Pure video...etc)...conflicts with FEAR's divx codecs. I had the problem also.

3. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Im just happy it was so simple.. i didnt expect anything to be easy after dealing with nvidia drivers lately..:laugh: